ADVERTISEMENT

Friday - Sunday July(3 -5) Pitt Holiday Poll!

Which Pitt program are you more optimistic about for the forseeable future?

• Pitt Football program

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Pitt Basketball program

Votes: 68 77.3%

• Total voters
Not only calling Former Pitt Panthers “thugs”, but do his typical of cherry picking data to prove his point. He cherry picked two players who he branded as “thugs” and a kid who was hurt.

it’s like all of his other data. Cherry picked to prove his straw man points.

You know who’s not a “thug”? Brandin Knight. Jaron Brown. Julius Page. Ontario Lett. Deshaun Blair. Ronald Ramon. Levance Fields. Chris Taft. Chevy Troutman. Gilbert Brown. Tyrell Biggs. Steven Adams. Ashton Gibbs. Tray Woodall. Jermaine Dixon. Sam Young. Brad Wanamaker. Do you get the point yet?

The recruiting was on the downfall.The 2015 Dixon recruiting class consisted of Rozelle Nix and Damon Wilson.

Seriously?

Damon Wilson couldn't put up good numbers as a redshirt senior at Georgia State.

Nix? I give the kid effort for the lost weight and trying D1 basketball, all the credit in the world actually. But he isnt close to being a D1 player. Those kids were busts. Nix was about 400lbs prior to Pitt.

It was 2 classes in a row that were complete busts under Dixon, 2015 AND 2016, that led to the downfall of this program before Stallings finished the job.

You can't spin it because every one of these players transferred and none of them did anything at Pitt or anywhere else. Any program not named Duke or Kentucky that has that poor of recruiting 2 cycles in a row is begging for big time long term problems.

Let me set the record straight because you cant read very well. I never called Kithcart and Manigault "thugs". They simply had trouble and were suspended and were team head cases.

For someone that claims to be connected with all these people you claim to know, you dont even know what Im talking about or which players Im talking about. You don't know a lot of things.

I did call the 2015 AND 2016 recruiting classes under Jamie Dixon complete busts. By all means try to argue the value of any of these players. 5 transferred and did nothing outside of Pitt.

The 2014 class had Cam Johnson, Ryan Luther, and Tyrone Haughton. Jamie Dixon landed 1 very good player, 1 average player, and a bunch of nothing in 3 recruiting classes back to back to back.

The recruiting was on the downfall.The 2015 Dixon recruiting class consisted of Rozelle Nix and Damon Wilson.

Seriously?

Damon Wilson couldn't put up good numbers as a redshirt senior at Georgia State.

Nix? I give the kid effort for the lost weight and trying D1 basketball, all the credit in the world actually. But he isnt close to being a D1 player. Those kids were busts. Nix was about 400lbs prior to Pitt.

It was 2 classes in a row that were complete busts under Dixon, 2015 AND 2016, that led to the downfall of this program before Stallings finished the job.

You can't spin it because every one of these players transferred and none of them did anything at Pitt or anywhere else. Any program not named Duke or Kentucky that has that poor of recruiting 2 cycles in a row is begging for big time long term problems.

Let me set the record straight because you cant read very well. I never called Kithcart and Manigault "thugs". They simply had trouble and were suspended and were team head cases.

For someone that claims to be connected with all these people you claim to know, you dont even know what Im talking about or which players Im talking about. You don't know a lot of things.

I did call the 2015 AND 2016 recruiting classes under Jamie Dixon complete busts. By all means try to argue the value of any of these players. 5 transferred and did nothing outside of Pitt.

The 2014 class had Cam Johnson, Ryan Luther, and Tyrone Haughton. Jamie Dixon landed 1 very good player, 1 average player, and a bunch of nothing in 3 recruiting classes back to back to back.
These JIG'ers are relentless. They can't admit the program was going to hell under him. They all logically assume he would have done well had he stayed with the program and righted the ship. The only way this could have happened was if he got new assistants and a new AD to work with. He was absolutely doomed to fail here with the same staff and administration in place. Everyone saw the recruiting going to hell. He would have had to be a magician to win with the kids he was bringing in. Keep dreaming of getting him back!

We are so lucky to have Capel. He is bringing in real recruits and actually getting guys who can compose a complete roster now. If we suck by the 2022 season then you can gloat about how great Jamie was and how bad Capel is. Shame on those that downplay the kids capel has brought in.

These JIG'ers are relentless. They can't admit the program was going to hell under him. They all logically assume he would have done well had he stayed with the program and righted the ship. The only way this could have happened was if he got new assistants and a new AD to work with. He was absolutely doomed to fail here with the same staff and administration in place. Everyone saw the recruiting going to hell. He would have had to be a magician to win with the kids he was bringing in. Keep dreaming of getting him back!

We are so lucky to have Capel. He is bringing in real recruits and actually getting guys who can compose a complete roster now. If we suck by the 2022 season then you can gloat about how great Jamie was and how bad Capel is. Shame on those that downplay the kids capel has brought in.

You know that’s literally what I said, right? That Dixon would need a new AD?

Seriously?

Agree recruiting was on a downswing but with a better AD and Jamie with a better mindset I think he turns it around. No brainer to me actually. I mean his last season here we made the NCAA's. It was a regular thing. Not a coincidence that once he left we haven't sniffed it since. And I was a Jamie basher his last 4 or 5 seasons because I was tired of underachieving in the NCAA tournament. Boy was I wrong. I'd take Jamie right now over Capel. I really would.

We went to the ncaa tournament in 3/4 of his last years. We had 4 starters returning from an NCAA tournament team.

People are willing to give Capel until year FIVE for an NCAA tournament appearance. SEVEN YEARS after Jamie is gone.

Do you guys understand how insane it is that you’re criticizing his recruiting and the program that went to 3/4 NCAA tournaments on a McDonald’s budget yet are willing to give someone on a Disney world budget 5 years to just GET BACK to where he was? Am I living in a bizzaro world?

You keep saying you’re not gonna criticize Jamie then do exactly that. It’s actually quite hilarious. So that’s why I keep pointing how dumb you look.

Reactions: Ski11585
We went to the ncaa tournament in 3/4 of his last years. We had 4 starters returning from an NCAA tournament team.

People are willing to give Capel until year FIVE for an NCAA tournament appearance. SEVEN YEARS after Jamie is gone.

Do you guys understand how insane it is that you’re criticizing his recruiting and the program that went to 3/4 NCAA tournaments on a McDonald’s budget yet are willing to give someone on a Disney world budget 5 years to just GET BACK to where he was? Am I living in a bizzaro world?

You keep saying you’re not gonna criticize Jamie then do exactly that. It’s actually quite hilarious. So that’s why I keep pointing how dumb you look.
JD was the best coach in Pitt bb history as was Chuck Noll , the best coach in Steeler history , but everyone has their time and both of those great coaches had become stale in their jobs .

Vader could really go back another year for lousy recruiting in Pitt Bb , the Cam , Luther and TH class . Luther was only offered after everyone else JD wanted committed early , Cam was really a late addition and offered only because he couldn’t fill the scholarship and let’s not talk about Tyrone . It was a class that if JD was honest would tell you he didn’t really want any of those guys . I loved what JD did for Pitt bb , but his recruiting was what really eventually led Pitt to the bottom of the ACC .

JD became unable to recruit the quality of players Pitt needed to compete in the ACC and then Stallings came in and he couldn’t recruit the level of player needed . What’s puzzling about Stallings was that he recruited far better layers at a much more stringent academic institution than Pitt . Now after 2 seasons of taking over the mess that Pitt bb had become JC has brought in what has to be the most talented class since Young and Artis or Adams and Robinson . I’m actually expecting this class to far exceed those two classes .

As much of a supporter of JD I was I believe that JC is a far better choice going forward to lead Pitt bb
back . He’s the type of coach kids want to play for and as Pitts on court performance improves so will the level of recruits .

JD was the best coach in Pitt bb history as was Chuck Noll , the best coach in Steeler history , but everyone has their time and both of those great coaches had become stale in their jobs .

Vader could really go back another year for lousy recruiting in Pitt Bb , the Cam , Luther and TH class . Luther was only offered after everyone else JD wanted committed early , Cam was really a late addition and offered only because he couldn’t fill the scholarship and let’s not talk about Tyrone . It was a class that if JD was honest would tell you he didn’t really want any of those guys . I loved what JD did for Pitt bb , but his recruiting was what really eventually led Pitt to the bottom of the ACC .

JD became unable to recruit the quality of players Pitt needed to compete in the ACC and then Stallings came in and he couldn’t recruit the level of player needed . What’s puzzling about Stallings was that he recruited far better layers at a much more stringent academic institution than Pitt . Now after 2 seasons of taking over the mess that Pitt bb had become JC has brought in what has to be the most talented class since Young and Artis or Adams and Robinson . I’m actually expecting this class to far exceed those two classes .

As much of a supporter of JD I was I believe that JC is a far better choice going forward to lead Pitt bb
back . He’s the type of coach kids want to play for and as Pitts on court performance improves so will the level of recruits .
Lol, surprising.

Lol, surprising.
Stop dreaming of the past! Its gone my friend. He is tearing it up at TCU now. LOL. Embrace what Capel is doing here. He started from dead last in the ACC and zero wins. This year as well as the future are going to look different. We are going to get back to the NCAA tournament very soon, and when we get there, we might actually perform loosely, and outperform our seed line.

Stop dreaming of the past! Its gone my friend. He is tearing it up at TCU now. LOL. Embrace what Capel is doing here. He started from dead last in the ACC and zero wins. This year as well as the future are going to look different. We are going to get back to the NCAA tournament very soon, and when we get there, we might actually perform loosely, and outperform our seed line.
We were dead last in the ACC last year as well. We very may well out perform our seed, but when you’re a 1/2/3 all the time you often don’t “outperform your seed”. One of the dumbest criticisms of Jamie was that his teams won TOO MUCH in the regular season.

And yes Jamie Dixon has had the best 4 year run in TCU history these last 4 years. So again, this board proves its stupidity

Reactions: Ski11585
We were dead last in the ACC last year as well. We very may well out perform our seed, but when you’re a 1/2/3 all the time you often don’t “outperform your seed”. One of the dumbest criticisms of Jamie was that his teams won TOO MUCH in the regular season.

And yes Jamie Dixon has had the best 4 year run in TCU history these last 4 years. So again, this board proves its stupidity
It seems that everyone is stupid but you !

Ah.... We don't have him anymore. Perhaps you need to move on over to the TCU board. Why post here?

Reactions: H2PisIT
Not just referring to the beef in this thread...Dixon in general. His W's & L's, recruiting, his X's & O's..etc. Let's move on. Sound good?

Reactions: Pittisit4me
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT