ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff’s postgame quote

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
“That's a testament to Heather [Lyke], our chancellors [old and new], to the board of trustees, our staff, and the guys we've been able to recruit.

We've taken a lot of lumps, but we continue to show up. One of the things we talk about in our program is to show up. It would've been very easy for all of us to walk away or give in to it. But we continue to show up.

I've had unbelievable support, and I'm grateful. First time in a decade, that's pretty cool. But I want more."

You could read this two ways. One he is saying he is happy that ADHL and company never bought into the negativity of his first few seasons or that he was grateful they gave him a chance to get it right after a threat of being fired and he actually listened to that.

I suspect it was the second, but maybe someone like Basketball Insider has more insight on this.

Reactions: New York Panther
“That's a testament to Heather [Lyke], our chancellors [old and new], to the board of trustees, our staff, and the guys we've been able to recruit.

We've taken a lot of lumps, but we continue to show up. One of the things we talk about in our program is to show up. It would've been very easy for all of us to walk away or give in to it. But we continue to show up.

I've had unbelievable support, and I'm grateful. First time in a decade, that's pretty cool. But I want more."

You could read this two ways. One he is saying he is happy that ADHL and company never bought into the negativity of his first few seasons or that he was grateful they gave him a chance to get it right after a threat of being fired and he actually listened to that.

I suspect it was the second, but maybe someone like Basketball Insider has more insight on this.
It had alot to do with how bad this program really was and the perception of it. Barnes did a number on this program with his crony hire of Stallings. The program was rock bottom and I'm happy for our players as well die hard fans!! H2P

It had alot to do with how bad this program really was and the perception of it. Barnes did a number on this program with his crony hire of Stallings. The program was rock bottom and I'm happy for our players as well die hard fans!! H2P
Cryin Crean made some comments about what bad shape the program post-Stallings during the game last night.

I think it's almost impossible to overstate how badly we were perceived after Barnes held the door open for Dixon and then Stallings happened to us.

Cryin Crean made some comments about what bad shape the program post-Stallings during the game last night.

I think it's almost impossible to overstate how badly we were perceived after Barnes held the door open for Dixon and then Stallings happened to us.

Barnes wrecked Pitt basketball and Oregon State athletics. Can he successfully ruin the NCAA Tournament? 7 Mountain West teams in? He did play at Fresno and was AD at Utah State

Crean also made no bones about Blake Hinson playing at the next level (NBA). I know there was/is another post on this board that suggests that BH might be only a G-League player. Tom Crean had a lot of love for our guys last night - and Coach Capel (and his staff)

Crean also made no bones about Blake Hinson playing at the next level (NBA). I know there was/is another post on this board that suggests that BH might be only a G-League player. Tom Crean had a lot of love for our guys last night - and Coach Capel (and his staff)

Yes he did, he was high on a bunch of our players.

I took Capel's comments to mean "Thanks for not canning me."

My wife watched the game on tv. When I came home she said it seemed like the announcers really liked Pitt a lot. That's not something she would normally notice, so it must have been pretty obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT