ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pitt at Tennessee (Johnny Majors Classic)

Every single pass play, Tennessee WR's are open. Glad to see that our DB's showed up.

How on earth do you try to substitute defenders when the opponent is trying to run plays in under 10 seconds?

You have to be an idiot to think that's going to work.

Reactions: BFo8
Has a Division I team ever fired their Offensive Coordinator in the first quarter of a game?
I’m not the guy that piles on coaches

But if I know what’s coming…and know it ain’t working….what do think the opponent is thinking?

Bad QB vs bad DB's in full effect when Pitt's on defense.

Which team "wins" that battle?

I get the feeling I'm about to free up 90 minutes to my schedule today.

Two things I don’t like hearing

1. Pitt substituting because they’re tired? What? 1st quarter???

2. Pitt was “relaxed”…??? Playing relaxed??? WTF??

Tennessee gifted 7 … down 10-0 in hostile environment

this sucks entirely

How can you be so unprepared? How can you continue calling plays that didn't work against UMass? This is typical Pitt. Coaches need fired

Reactions: pittpitt
KP is here because he can improve his draft stock. It’s his show. Time to sling it.

Wasting plays giving it to a below average back

Reactions: jivecat
The lack of ability for our skill players to get to first down sticks is mind boggling. Vertical >>> horizontal

Yep.

Their WRs are capable of making the blocks on the RPO screen, allowing them to get the first down. Ours get blown up on the first play and stunt the drive.

Their guy breaks the tackles to pick up the first, thereby setting up their FG drive. Ours can’t break the tackle and get stopped short.

This is as pathetic display of football I've ever seen. Even from Pitt. My God.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT