ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs FSU .......

Wow, Panthers and Penguins snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
Road wins are golden.
Luther the man! Young had an off game, finally came alive on the boards to help some.
J Rob with some clutch shooting.
Artis recovers for 16. Really needed this one with another tough one coming up.
Gutted it out!

Reactions: Pittx9
Huge win. Down 10 and with the Panther Lair vultures circling the Panthers gut out a big road win!

Reactions: rrig5
Unless we are in foul trouble like we were early today, hopefully this squashes any more zone talk. Our man defense in the second half was mainly what won the game. No way we get some of those buckets without the pressure our defense created.

Good win though. Last year's team would've completely botched that. Pretty encouraging IMO.

Anyone remember Hamilton not having his Miami team on the floor late in the game and the refs giving Pitt the ball for an uncontested game-winning layup? I think it was in the '93 season. Hamilton is a sketchy game day coach to say the least.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Isn't the new rule coaches can't call timeouts? Or are they still allowed to during inbounds plays?

Because he's Leonard Hamilton.
ACtually.... with the new rules, coaches can't call timeout from the bench. Timeouts MUST be called by players on the floor once the ball has been placed into play.

Coaches can only call timeouts when the ball is dead. As soon as the ref handed the ball to the FSU player to inbound, ONLY players can call timeout.

ACtually.... with the new rules, coaches can't call timeout from the bench. Timeouts MUST be called by players on the floor once the ball has been placed into play.

Coaches can only call timeouts when the ball is dead. As soon as the ref handed the ball to the FSU player to inbound, ONLY players can call timeout.

Yea. Not to repeat what I just said but I wasn't sure. But surely he can yell at his players to call the timeout, no??

With the new time out rules, is he allowed to call a time out there? I would guess yes because the clock was not moving, but does anyone know for sure?
Once the ref hands the ball to the FSU player out of bounds, the ball is considered "placed into play" and coaches can't call timeout.

If the clock isn't running isn't the ball dead? It would seem that would allow coaches to call to's then.

Robinson 14 pts 3/4 from 3.
Yeah, I wish we had a good point guard lol. Even when Robinson is not at his best, he has been clutch this season. Hit some more really big shots today. Honestly, I think Artis and Young each have had more games they struggled in this season than James. He's been pretty consistent IMO outside of the NC State and Louisville games.

Reactions: rrig5
If the clock isn't running isn't the ball dead? It would seem that would allow coaches to call to's then.
No. Once the five-second count starts, the ball is considered "placed into play".

Once the ref hands the ball to the FSU player out of bounds, the ball is considered "placed into play" and coaches can't call timeout.

While that makes sense, it is also true that after a basket when a player is getting ready to inbound the ball and the clock is running then the head coach can still call a timeout. Seems a weird way to do it, but hey, if everyone knows the rules ahead of time that's all that matters.

Anyone remember Hamilton not having his Miami team on the floor late in the game and the refs giving Pitt the ball for an uncontested game-winning layup? I think it was in the '93 season. Hamilton is a sketchy game day coach to say the least.
I will never forget that. In today's social media age that play would live in infamy. I think Chris McNeal made a layup for the lead, and then Antoine jones got a huge steal

Did u bet phil the 1g?

Haven't seen Phil tonight... not surprisingly. He never shows up when Pitt wins.

In any case, he's never paid me off for the bet he lost to me.... so why would I bet with him again?

Haven't seen Phil tonight... not surprisingly. He never shows up when Pitt wins.

In any case, he's never paid me off for the bet he lost to me.... so why would I bet with him again?
Sorry to rehash but could someone tell me the story with thia guy?

There are ranked teams with worse resumes than Pitt. If we win enough games, we're in the tourney. They play enough tough conference games that their record will show how good or not good they are.

Sorry to rehash but could someone tell me the story with thia guy?
Here's the full story:

Late in the 2014 season, Phil was making this site impossible to read. I finally, on March 1st, made him a bet:

If Pitt made the NCAA tourney, he was never to post on this board again. If Pitt missed the tourney, I would never post on this board again.

Phil accepted the bet.

Pitt then won at Clemson, then won against UNC in the ACC tourney and made the tournament as a 9-seed.

At that point, the very next post Phil made would violate the terms of the bet.

I made a post on Selection Sunday saying that Phil could never post again since he lost the bet.

He replied in that thread that he wanted to make a second bet for $1000 that Pitt wouldn't make the Sweet 16.

My response was that A) You just violated the bet by posting... and B) No, I would not make that bet because Pitt was in #1 ranked Florida's bracket and wasn't going to make the Sweet 16.

He called me "chicken" for not taking the $1000 bet.... and I again reiterated that I already won the bet against him and every post he made was him welching on the bet.

When Pitt lost to Florida, he came back on here claiming I owed him $1000. For a bet that was never agreed to.

He then called up Rivals pretending to be one of my relatives and asked for my home phone number, and the morons at Rivals gave it to him. I complained to Chris Peak about this, but nothing was done. He then crank-called my house (using a phone number blocker) pretending to be a woman and screaming into the phone for me to "pay phil his money".

Every post he has made on this board since Selection Sunday in 2014 has been him welching on the bet.

He is an emotionally disturbed sociopath. He needs professional psychiatric help. That's the bottom line.

He was on here before the game and wanted to bet you a thousand dollars that Pitt would lose by 10 or more. You never responded and the thread got deleted.

He was on here before the game and wanted to bet you a thousand dollars that Pitt would lose by 10 or more. You never responded and the thread got deleted.
Sorry I missed that thread...... but betting with a sociopath who never paid off on the past bet he lost to me is not something I plan on doing.

So the Phil I'm pretty sure I helped get banned earlier today may have actually been him? I didn't know the "real Phil" was such a disturbed individual, I just assumed the one today was some troll imposter.

Here's the full story:

Late in the 2014 season, Phil was making this site impossible to read. I finally, on March 1st, made him a bet:

If Pitt made the NCAA tourney, he was never to post on this board again. If Pitt missed the tourney, I would never post on this board again.

Phil accepted the bet.

Pitt then won at Clemson, then won against UNC in the ACC tourney and made the tournament as a 9-seed.

I made a post on Selection Sunday saying that Phil could never post again since he lost the bet.

He replied in that thread that he wanted to make a second bet for $1000 that Pitt wouldn't make the Sweet 16.

My response was that A) You just violated the bet by posting... and B) No, I would not make that bet because Pitt was in #1 ranked Florida's bracket and wasn't going to make the Sweet 16.

He called me "chicken" for not taking the $1000 bet.... and I again reiterated that I already won the bet against him and every post he made was him welching on the bet.

When Pitt lost to Florida, he came back on here claiming I owed him $1000. For a bet that was never agreed to.

He then called up Rivals pretending to be one of my relatives and asked for my home phone number, and the morons at Rivals gave it to him. I complained to Chris Peak about this, but nothing was done. He then crank-called my house (using a phone number blocker) pretending to be a woman and screaming into the phone for me to "pay phil his money".

Every post he has made on this board since Selection Sunday in 2014 has been him welching on the bet.

He is an emotionally disturbed sociopath. He needs professional psychiatric help. That's the bottom line.
Wait something doesn't make any sense what you are posting. How can rivals give a random caller your home number with him not even knowing your real name? What, he said to rivals, "my relative is UPitt89 and I need his phone number?" No one would give it to him. C'mon.

Ho
So the Phil I'm pretty sure I helped get banned earlier today may have actually been him? I didn't know the "real Phil" was such a disturbed individual, I just assumed the one today was some troll imposter.
How old is he? Weird

Here's the full story:

Phil accepted the bet.

That's actually frightening. There is only one other poster on here I would think capable of doing something like that. That is some serious mental illness there. This board seems to attract more than its share of sociopaths and bipolar individuals. Gives them a forum that they don't get in real life I guess.

I have no idea if the latest "Phil" is a copycat of the original or the original. In any case... the one that has been posting recently is emotionally disturbed.

Wait something doesn't make any sense what you are posting. How can rivals give a random caller your home number with him not even knowing your real name? What, he said to rivals, "my relative is UPitt89 and I need his phone number?" No one would give it to him. C'mon.
Plus why wouldn't Chris do anything? If Phil did what you claim that is taking things to a whole other level. That's insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT