ADVERTISEMENT

Germany game

meadvillecoach

Redshirt
Nov 25, 2005
Watching Germany take USA apart and trying to figure out lineups that Kerr is playing that don’t have guards that can dribble.they might win this game but they sure don’t play a pretty game to watch

Watching Germany take USA apart and trying to figure out lineups that Kerr is playing that don’t have guards that can dribble.they might win this game but they sure don’t play a pretty game to watch
The USA is sloppy and doesn’t play as a team.

The USA is sloppy and doesn’t play as a team.

What you saw today (and in some of their other games) is the difference between a team that (mostly) plays together semi-regularly and a team with a bunch of good players who have not played together. The US spends large portions of these games alternating between over passing to get their teammates involved and going too much one on one.

I thought lbj won game all by himself in the last 5 minutes. I would not be surprised to see them lose a game in paris
I think we're at risk of losing more than one. We lost one against France in 2021, and the Germany and South Sudan games make it look like this team has less cohesion than that one.

On offense, it looks too much with the Lakers with LeBron doing hero ball while other guys stand around. And to be fair to LBJ, it seems he needs to do this because too many other players aren't doing anything offensively. I'd like to see Haliburton take a little more control, hes the closest thing to a real point guard on there now.

Defensively, US is allowing way too much penetration. That seems less excusable.

I agree with some good points made in this thread. What I'm also seeing is some pretty
bad defense. So far we ain't getting it done on that side of the ball either. The South Sudan
game was a pefect example. We did turn it on defensively in spurts, but for the most part
we were beaten on and off the ball throughout the game (to a large degree, same thing
against Germany). We have the talent, but these international teams have really closed
the gap. As we know with international players who play in the USA, they CAN hit the three.
Our talent on the D end can fix this. IMO it's a matter of turning it up effort wise. Come on
Coach Kerr, get em to do it, that's your job. They're more than capable.

Last edited:
I agree with some good points made in this thread. What I'm also seeing is some pretty
bad defense. So far we ain't getting it done on that side of the ball either. The South Sudan
game was a pefect example. We did turn it on defensively in spurts, but for the most part
we were beaten on and off the ball throughout the game (to a large degree, same thing
against Germany). We have the talent, but these international teams have really closed
the gap. As we know with international players who play in the USA, they CAN hit the three.
Our talent on the D end can fix this. IMO it's a matter of turning it up effort wise. Come on
Coach Kerr, get em to do it, that's your job. They're more than capable.
Replying to my own above post LOL. Well, yesterday we saw the D that I was referring
to, those two exhibition game appeared that we were effortless on the D end. My sense
is our guys were taking it easy on D then, but yesterday the effort was there. Of course
KD was back from injury and he was virtually unstoppable. Labron?...nothing needs to
be said, he's a man! We play D like that coupled with our overall talent and another gold
medal should be assured.

Last edited:
Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT