ADVERTISEMENT

Bball Olympics Thread

He could have shot 0-40 in this tournament and his legacy was still cemented. The question is, is he 2nd Team All Time or 3rd Team

1st Team
MJ
LeBron
Kobe
Magic
Shaq

2nd Team
Steph
Duncan
Dirk
Bird
KD

So Shaq, first team all time, but three centers who were better than him not even second team.

That's a take.

French Ben Wallace was going off in this game also. That dunk on LeBron was sick. He belongs in the NBA. LeBron made a bad decision there 😂.

French Ben Wallace was going off in this game also. That dunk on LeBron was sick. He belongs in the NBA. LeBron made a bad decision there 😂.

He was drafted by the 76’ers in 2017 but never signed, he wasn’t ready then as he always had the athletic ability but struggled his early years in Europe. He really developed over the past 4/5 years. In the past few years he’s been among the best in Europe leading Greek team Panathinaikos to the Greek league title and a surprising Euro league title.

What’s funny is new Lakers coach JJ said they want a physical big to either play alongside Davis or back him up. I’m sure JJ saw the dunk and the guys play during the tournament…maybe they sign him.

Teams will use his age against him as he will be 29 at the start of next season. But if you are a playoff team IMO he is a ready made rotation big you should sign.

He was drafted by the 76’ers in 2017 but never signed, he wasn’t ready then as he always had the athletic ability but struggled his early years in Europe. He really developed over the past 4/5 years. In the past few years he’s been among the best in Europe leading Greek team Panathinaikos to the Greek league title and a surprising Euro league title.

What’s funny is new Lakers coach JJ said they want a physical big to either play alongside Davis or back him up. I’m sure JJ saw the dunk and the guys play during the tournament…maybe they sign him.

Teams will use his age against him as he will be 29 at the start of next season. But if you are a playoff team IMO he is a ready made rotation big you should sign.

His size works against him as he's either a very undersized 5 at 6'8 or a PF who isnt quick enough to defend stretch 4's. He doesn't fit into the mold. But man that dude can play. If I'm an NBA team, I sign him tomorrow. He was the best player for France in this tournament, better than Wemby so he can obviously play in the league.

I think you're mixing up Lessort and Yabusele. Yabusele is the one with the fro that went off and he played for the Celtics.

Lessort has the braids.

Yabusele's game reminds me of Julius Randle of the Knicks.

Even at least the Spurs should bring him over to bring energy to the team and help out Wemby.

Last edited:
Steve Kerr deserves kudos for putting Curry on the team. The prior coaches passed him over. The way he was shooting, I expected the first 3 in the last 2:12 to go in. But, that 4th one, a fadeaway from 35 feet, was unreal.

France played two close games on both the men and woman sides to win Silver.

I was expecting the women game to be a blowout because France did not look great in the semifinal game against Belgium, but they played a lot better today.

The French will definitely be looking to avenge these losses at LA 28.

Steve Kerr deserves kudos for putting Curry on the team. The prior coaches passed him over.
The coach may have input but I don't think they have the final say on the roster.

Steph pretty much committed to the Olympics two years ago after winning his last championship. He withdrew from consideration to a prior Olympics due to injuries.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
US beats France and the refs on women’s side of things.

There were some questionable calls there, and total number of fouls isn't always a good indicator of how a game got called, but the US was called for 13 fouls while France was called for 25, which led to the US shooting 34 fouls shots to France's 13.

I think the problem is that in international play, both women's and men's, the refs let a lot more physical play go, and then when they call a touch foul it stands out so much more than it normally would.

He could have shot 0-40 in this tournament and his legacy was still cemented. The question is, is he 2nd Team All Time or 3rd Team

1st Team
MJ
LeBron
Kobe
Magic
Shaq

2nd Team
Steph
Duncan
Dirk
Bird
KD
No Bill Russell? No Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? No Oscar Robertson? No Wilt Chamberlain?

No Bill Russell? No Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? No Oscar Robertson? No Wilt Chamberlain?

I cant put guys that old on the list. Their skillset was so bad compared to today's athletes. They were GOATs in their era but basketball was so bad back then. You almost have to do it by era. Really hard for me to put Bird and Magic in it. That's about as far back as you can go.

Now, yes, if you transplanted 8 year old Wilt or Oscar or Russell into 2005 and they trained their whole lives like today's athletes then yes they'd be just as good but that's a game I dont want to play.

I cant put guys that old on the list. Their skillset was so bad compared to today's athletes. They were GOATs in their era but basketball was so bad back then. You almost have to do it by era. Really hard for me to put Bird and Magic in it. That's about as far back as you can go.

Now, yes, if you transplanted 8 year old Wilt or Oscar or Russell into 2005 and they trained their whole lives like today's athletes then yes they'd be just as good but that's a game I dont want to play.
We'll just have to agree to disagree both on these players and on the way basketball is played. Regards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT