ADVERTISEMENT

Goals for next season

Drew1208

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sorry I'm posting alot.
But I'm doing treatments and Pitt bball talk is an entertaining distraction for me.

When talking about next year's team what we should be looking for this staff to do is craft a better team for next year better than this years team.

That does not mean they'll be more successful than this years team.

While we had a good team and fantastic season..... now is time to get greedy already. (A tiny bit)

Burton is the only true difficult replacement. He just did things most guys don't do. But we also seen his faults.

The guys we have plus the freshman and Will.
I feel Pitt can be pretty pretty picky with the Guard.
Let's hope we get some good ones. And we have a stronger deeper more dynamic team than even the highly entertaining magical season this year.

I think next year sort of starts a new cycle where the goal should be to develop some of the young pieces and achieve enough success that the important pieces actually want to return the following season. Agree on being skeptical about besting this season's success.

I could see Hinson being miserable here next season if we're not able to duplicate the spacing we could achieve with this past year's guys. Hopefully for his sake we can find some nice portal.

Wishing all the best on the treatments!

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Sorry I'm posting alot.
But I'm doing treatments and Pitt bball talk is an entertaining distraction for me.

When talking about next year's team what we should be looking for this staff to do is craft a better team for next year better than this years team.

While we had a good team and fantastic season..... now is time to get greedy already. (A tiny bit)

Burton is the only true difficult replacement. He just did things most guys don't do. But we also seen his faults.

Let's hope we get some good ones. And we have a stronger deeper more dynamic team than even the highly entertaining magical season this year.
I just want to make the tourney again 😉
As we are seeing, anything can happen. I’m hoping the ACC can get back to the point where winning 11 or 12 conference games secures a bid.
Best wishes on your treatments

Posting helps us feel good Drew!!! Yes, the hardest replacement will be JB, not sure he truly is replaceable considering what he did. But as much as we need shooters again, I feel we would or maybe could benefit from just having a Sanago (UConn) type mass taker in the middle. Keep improving man!!!

We went 6-0 against UNC, Syracuse and Louisville.
It won't be easy to do that again.
Maybe not start the season 1-3 again.
This past season sure made the winter alot more enjoyable.

I think we were also like 7-3 in games decided by 3 points or less, which is coming out on the right end of a shot that could go either way quite a bit. But yeah... have to avoid that terrible start.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
We went 6-0 against UNC, Syracuse and Louisville.
It won't be easy to do that again.
Maybe not start the season 1-3 again.
This past season sure made the winter alot more enjoyable.
I'd rather those teams be better next year too for our sake

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
We need wings. We didn’t have anyone 6’4”-6’7” outside Burton playing the one/two guard. Look at Miami, Creighton, UConn, etc.

Maybe Hinson expands his game. He looked more versatile in those Ole Miss highlights. I don’t know if he could change his body and game this off season. I’m also not sure Jeffress gets there with his shot.

Last edited:
We need wings. We didn’t have anyone 6’4”-6’7” outside Burton playing the one/two guard. Look at Miami, Creighton, UConn, etc.

Maybe Burton expands his game. He looked more versatile in those Ole Miss highlights. I don’t know if he could change his body and game this off season. I’m also not sure Jeffress gets there with his shot.
Hinson

Reactions: SteelCityChamps
Sorry I'm posting alot.

Godspeed on those treatments and get healthy soon man.

Everything depends upon who the staff adds and the development of their current players . With last seasons success plus the pieces that are already here that should help attract some better portal guys . But there a lot of questions .

Does Dior stay and be as good as advertised ? ( I think he stays )
Does Fede become stronger and develop more offensive skills ? ( I’d say he does )
Are the twins capable of gaining weight and muscle ? (if so their upside is unlimited .)
Does Hinson with a yr of playing under his belt come back fitter with a more rounded game . ( yes )
Does Wil find some offensive skills ? ( his D and doing the little things were sorely missed )
Can the freshman come in and contribute ? ( hopefully)

I’m optimistic for next season , and I’m looking forward to see who they bring in .

ps …more important than Pitt bb is your health, good luck with your treatment.

Everything depends upon who the staff adds and the development of their current players . With last seasons success plus the pieces that are already here that should help attract some better portal guys . But there a lot of questions .

Does Dior stay and be as good as advertised ? ( I think he stays )
Does Fede become stronger and develop more offensive skills ? ( I’d say he does )
Are the twins capable of gaining weight and muscle ? (if so their upside is unlimited .)
Does Hinson with a yr of playing under his belt come back fitter with a more rounded game . ( yes )
Does Wil find some offensive skills ? ( his D and doing the little things were sorely missed )
Can the freshman come in and contribute ? ( hopefully)

I’m optimistic for next season , and I’m looking forward to see who they bring in .

ps …more important than Pitt bb is your health, good luck with your treatment.
I think a major emphasis should be to upgrade the athleticism of the team. Strength and conditioning
for the returnees and recruit players with that in mind. Defense and rebounding need to be better and
with the increased emphasis on 3pt shooting you have a lot of long rebounds and it would help there also.

Drew1208 - Best wishes on your health.

Seems to me we may be expecting too much from Dior and the two guard recruits, so we really need to pick up some experienced guards in the portal. ( I’m thinking of how WVU pressed our inexperienced PG a couple years ago, leading to turn-overs galore…)

Go Pitt.

Drew1208 - Best wishes on your health.

Seems to me we may be expecting too much from Dior and the two guard recruits, so we really need to pick up some experienced guards in the portal. ( I’m thinking of how WVU pressed our inexperienced PG a couple years ago, leading to turn-overs galore…)

Go Pitt.
I wish someone in the know would spill the beans on how Dior looked in practice . He’s definitely ahead of the freshman by being able to spend most of the yr practicing with the team .

Having three guys with 3 Pt range is what carried Pitt , replacing the two who left is important as is a solid rebounder .

I'd rather those teams be better next year too for our sake
Guess I'm in the minority regarding this. I hope everyone in the ACC continues to struggle and suck. If they all get better, just makes it more difficult to make the tourney. Also, the ACC may be on life support anyway so we need to keep improving our profile in bball and football to hopefully get picked up by another conference when the crap hits the fan again.

Reactions: MajorMajors
Sorry I'm posting alot.

No need to apologize. Hope treatments are going well and glad the Board is helping. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Drew1208
I don't know if we can find it in the portal, but, we need to upgrade our overall athleticism at the 3 and the 4. Watching other teams in this tournament, you can see where we were lacking. We don't have the athletes most of these teams have at the 3 and 4. Teams like San diego st have many strong bodies who can defend and rebound. Texas has Sir Jabari Rice who is an offensive wizard but so quick and a good defender at 6' 6". We had shooters this year. We need athletes that can defend and rebound. They are out there and we need to land a couple to get this team to the next step.

@Drew1208 do not ever apologize. Hope you’re doing well and getting through your treatments.
Dior being Dior is huge for next year’s success. We have HINSON and the 4-5 with Fede and the twins.
Let’s see what Jeffress can do and the two freshmen guards. Need two portal guards/shooters and maybe a -petal big to spell the other guys.

Sorry I'm posting alot.

Keep posting my man! Hope all is well. H2P!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT