ADVERTISEMENT

Good Article - Depth Chart

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but that RB, WR, LB, DB corp is pretty weak IMO.
The corners maybe the weakest.

Have to think a lot of those guys won't even be on the team this season the way we're still pursuing transfer candidates.
My guess, they will easily lose:
1 QB
1 RB
1 OL
1 TE
1 WR
1 DL
1 DB

That's the 7 to get to 85. You could easily increase DL, OL, DB and throw in a LB. So I could see them adding 3 or 4 more.

1 QB
1 RB
1 OL
1 TE
1 WR
1 DL
1 DB

That's the 7 to get to 85. You could easily increase DL, OL, DB and throw in a LB. So I could see them adding 3 or 4 more.
The first thing that the staff needs to do is find out who has graduated. Then from that group they need to identify which players are lower than whale sh*t on the depth chart. Those are the ones that they need to talk to about leaving. I'm not for kicking players out that have not graduated.

If it were me, I'd talk to the players that went into the portal and came back (Temple, George) and tell them they should've stayed in the portal...

1 QB
1 RB
1 OL
1 TE
1 WR
1 DL
1 DB

I have zero knowledge one way or the other on it, but the way we're aggressively pursuing O linemen tells me we're going to lose a few more. Maybe someone like Taylor (random guess) even surprises everyone and bolts.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but that RB, WR, LB, DB corp is pretty weak IMO.
The corners maybe the weakest.

RB - I like Hammond (it was more his lack of usage that I had a problem with last year), but I'm a little surprised we didn't add someone else in the portal besides the dude from WC. Maybe because we don't want to cut bait with Davis yet since he hasn't graduated (guessing). I don't love the room, but we can probably get by with it.

WR - Toughest group on the team to evaluate, in my opinion. A lot of hope, but are any of them actually any good? We shall see. I'll be a little underwhelmed if Vukovcan's prediction for the three starters is accurate, though. I'm hoping at least one of these new additions (the two portal adds and/or the true freshman) can turn some heads.

LB - I don't see a problem; I like the group.

S - Same as LB.

CB - I'd feel a little better with another portal addition. Williams and Devonshire were pretty good, but we still sucked; I'd rather not test how bad we can be without good cornerbacks.

Biggest question marks for me, by far, are quarterback and DT. With QB, it is what it is; we just have to hope one of those guys really performs well in this offense. With DT, there is no way in the name of sanity they can roll into this season without at least one more portal addition. Like, they have to know this, right? Nahki Johnson? Are you kidding me? Even James and Fitzsimmons are unproven. Fans can have a hunch guys will be good all they want. I need to see it. And we don't have a single proven body at DT. That's almost unheard of.

Think Brima puts on 15 and becomes bad ass 3 tech.

I feel like that's been either experimented with or talked about every year since he's been here. He's carrying the Deslin Alexandre torch.

That said, I don't want to count on two undersized converted d-ends in the middle this season. They better at least go get some space-eating two down guy.

Reactions: pittdan77
Hopefully they keep bringing in players and then trim down the roster. Need to keep adding talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT