ADVERTISEMENT

Good Peak video today

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
He had Hammett and Hiles on and they went into Jurkovec-gate in great detail. Chris even questioned whether he had the yips, which I believe I was the first to diagnose. Even if he doesn't, its unfathomable that a HC had no better option than playing a QB 42% of the season who had people asking if he had the yips. The Cardinals didnt trot Rick Ankiel out there almost half the season before realizing there was a problem. He only lasted 24 innings after the 1st "incident." Jurkovec's throw to feet should be studied by UPMC so maybe some good will come out of this after all.

Hammett also said something to the effect that they had 2 empty classes, that the 2021 class, which was really good on paper hasnt been. And of course we stupidly self-sanctioned, only taking 12 players in 2022 coming off an ACC Championship. Another point I brought up this week.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Everyone is a victim these days. Yeah, hope he gets help for that ‘affliction’ that somehow only surfaced six weeks ago after six YEARS as a player…

Good heavens this program is so cursed by the ridiculous(and so easily duped).

Can he still go somewhere else? Maybe start with another grad program? Maybe Utah. Maybe they can ‘cure’ him like Slovis. Didn’t he also have “yips”?

Jebus. Why can’t it just be a poorly performing player that once had promise but simply wasn’t good enough at this level (happens every year to every team), and bad coaches who wouldn’t admit they made a mistake and replace him until it was way, way, too late (which really only seems to happen to OUR teams).

Everyone is a victim these days. Yeah, hope he gets help for that ‘affliction’ that somehow only surfaced six weeks ago after six YEARS as a player…

Good heavens this program is so cursed by the ridiculous(and so easily duped).

Can he still go somewhere else? Maybe start with another grad program? Maybe Utah. Maybe they can ‘cure’ him like Slovis. Didn’t he also have “yips”?

Jebus. Why can’t it just be a poorly performing player that once had promise but simply wasn’t good enough at this level (happens every year to every team), and bad coaches who wouldn’t admit they made a mistake and replace him until it was way, way, too late (which really only seems to happen to OUR teams).

Slovis didnt have the yips. I thought he was ok here. Like a C player. An average QB. We expected more. He was more like a B player uncomfortable in a system without enough WR talent. Jurkovec was never great but the guy was the backup QB at ND 10 years ago and played in games as a true frosh. You dont go from getting on the field at ND at 18 years old to what he is now at 30 without an injury or something like the yips

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT