ADVERTISEMENT

Great Article Re Fisch...Written By Ron Cook

I was going to mention, just out of a sense of fairness to the creep. I read it in search of the usual snide comment or backhanded compliment he inserts into his positive Pitt articles, but couldn't find one.

It’s sort of what would be expected by a pedstate supporter. He can’t get himself to write a good article about the team, so focuses on the token player to highlight. I guess any compliments are good, but at the same time he further avoids highlighting where the real credit and kudos should go. I mean, focus on Nike and how he overcame the injuries and losing seasons if you were going to pick one player. Nike could be a great 6th man of year story.

It’s sort of what would be expected by a pedstate supporter. He can’t get himself to write a good article about the team, so focuses on the token player to highlight. I guess any compliments are good, but at the same time he further avoids highlighting where the real credit and kudos should go. I mean, focus on Nike and how he overcame the injuries and losing seasons if you were going to pick one player. Nike could be a great 6th man of year story.
You are right. I was looking for the usual backhanded compliment or snide remark and missed the fact that the whole article was a human interest piece rather than a story about a Pitt team's success.

You guys have to relax and give it a break every once in a while. It was a nice article about this kid. It's Lent, a time of reflection and forgiveness....geez

You are right. I was looking for the usual backhanded compliment or snide remark and missed the fact that the whole article was a human interest piece rather than a story about a Pitt team's success.
If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you guys are coming down negatively on Cook for writing a feel good human interest story about a Pitt player instead of a positive article about the Pitt team.

Geez, I don’t like Cook either but complaining about this is a little over the top.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you guys are coming down negatively on Cook for writing a feel good human interest story about a Pitt player instead of a positive article about the Pitt team.

Geez, I don’t like Cook either but complaining about this is a little over the top.
Eh, I wasn't complaining about this article. I don't have much respect for Cook, or any sport talking head in general, but I meant it to be sarcastic. I guess it really didn't read that way. It's a message board, sometimes it's fun to pile on rather than be acting virtuous .

Reactions: NCanton Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT