ADVERTISEMENT

Great news ah*le ron cook

He justified his non vote for Fitz again this morning. Good Riddance.
I don't listen at all to that stupid station but, there IS NO justification for that vote. It was pure spite.

Larry had 92 receptions and 22 TDs and 1,672 yards. White was a classic system QB, like so many others we have seen from Florida, FSU, OU, etc, etc. It was darn near criminal.

Heck, Rutherford's numbers were similar to White's.

The award lost its meaning when Hugh Green didn't win. Larry should have won. Vince Young should have won. Aaron Donald should have won, etc, etc, etc.

I actually don’t mind him 90% of the time. But these were some big ones:

1) Fitz
2) always saying “jealous Pitt fans”
3) “let the healing begin”

He otherwise was OK. He used to say how Pitt hoops was the best ticket in town because of the combination of the team and the chance of seeing a win.

Reactions: Millerton24
I actually don’t mind him 90% of the time. But these were some big ones:

1) Fitz
2) always saying “jealous Pitt fans”
3) “let the healing begin”

He otherwise was OK. He used to say how Pitt hoops was the best ticket in town because of the combination of the team and the chance of seeing a win.
Yeah, but, you don’t really get any credit for stating the obvious.

He’s a Jagoff.

Yeah, but, you don’t really get any credit for stating the obvious.

He’s a Jagoff.

Yeah, but in fairness he promoted it a lot. When a team is basically 5th in the Pittsburgh team sports hierarchy, it was nice that he always did it.

Agree he was a jag with some other things certainly.

Reactions: jctrack
Yeah, but in fairness he promoted it a lot. When a team is basically 5th in the Pittsburgh team sports hierarchy, it was nice that he always did it.

Agree he was a jag with some other things certainly.

I think he only did that because games were on that station. If he didn’t talk about Pitt Hoops at the time then he would look like an even bigger tool than he is.

Pitt Hoops did not need anyone to hype them up then. Old Media is pretty much dead, he’s a 🦕 in the current landscape.

I have no issues with you, I’m just stating what I think about him and that station.

Hail to Pitt!

I don't personally hate him like some of you do, but he really doesn't know anything about sports. It amazes me that people wait on the phone to get his opinion on something. He is no more insightful than the average message board poster, or a dude walking down the sidewalk.
How is he any different from Madden ?

I was always struck my his photo in the Post Gazette. Never had heard him before and then he speaks and I thought wow that is what I would expect Bob Smizik to sound like based on Bob’s picture.

Who will they pair with Starkey?
I listen to The Fan way too much and I wondered, too. Dunlop or Mack make sense as both were pared from the bloated morning show and both are on payroll. Dunlop doing the evening gig a lot, so maybe Mack fits better? Honestly, Matt Cole might’ve left his producer role a couple months early as a promotion to pair with Starkey probably would’ve worked well.

I think he only did that because games were on that station. If he didn’t talk about Pitt Hoops at the time then he would look like an even bigger tool than he is.

Pitt Hoops did not need anyone to hype them up then. Old Media is pretty much dead, he’s a 🦕 in the current landscape.

I have no issues with you, I’m just stating what I think about him and that station.

Hail to Pitt!
The station blows and they are pure hyperbole and hot take anymore. It's awful to listen to. They attempt to pander to the audience but it's only the miserable I hate everything don't walk on my grass types.

Ron said that he gets an email or message from someone once a week about his Jason White over Larry Legend vote. We should organize a rotation to make sure he gets an email about this every week going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT