ADVERTISEMENT

Hamlin and Ford

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Listening to a Senior Day interview with Hamlin, the question was asked to him.....something like what's your biggest regret at Pitt. He said only playing 1 season with his buddy, Paris Ford. 2 local guys who grew up Pitt fans, from that old school, if you will, of local guys who could have gone anywhere but chose to stay home to try to change the program. Well, 4 years later (3 for Paris), even though they had individual success, they would potentially be leaving the program at basically the same level they found it. While I wouldn't advise passing up millions to try for 1 great season playing for free, I actually do think both could enhance their NFL career by playing another year of college football instead of sitting on an NFL bench next year. Especially Paris. He needs reps.

With Twyman, Jones, Weaver, and Camp coming back, this D would possibly be the best in school history if Ford and Hamlin came back. If we could just find a way to have an average offense, heck even a below average offense I'll take. Just not a historically bad one.

I do think Hamlin would get a 5th year. The 3 games he played in November during his FR year before his season-ending injury were a re-aggravation of the injury that kept him out the first part of the year. There is some gray language in there regarding re-aggravation.

Listening to a Senior Day interview with Hamlin, the question was asked to him.....something like what's your biggest regret at Pitt. He said only playing 1 season with his buddy, Paris Ford. 2 local guys who grew up Pitt fans, from that old school, if you will, of local guys who could have gone anywhere but chose to stay home to try to change the program. Well, 4 years later (3 for Paris), even though they had individual success, they would potentially be leaving the program at basically the same level they found it. While I wouldn't advise passing up millions to try for 1 great season playing for free, I actually do think both could enhance their NFL career by playing another year of college football instead of sitting on an NFL bench next year. Especially Paris. He needs reps.

With Twyman, Jones, Weaver, and Camp coming back, this D would possibly be the best in school history if Ford and Hamlin came back. If we could just find a way to have an average offense, heck even a below average offense I'll take. Just not a historically bad one.

I do think Hamlin would get a 5th year. The 3 games he played in November during his FR year before his season-ending injury were a re-aggravation of the injury that kept him out the first part of the year. There is some gray language in there regarding re-aggravation.
If you think history started in 1982.

Getting Hamlin back for a 5th year would be very welcomed news (not gonna hold my breath, but ya never know)...Even with a great contingent of the D already coming back.
Hoping Paris will definitely come back and get one more season at Pitt.

For sure Dline is up there. Partridge should have got the Broyles vote for what he did with all the injuries.
But if they don't get there, LB still has some tackling issues and DB coverage lapses.

Why do you guys keep saying Ford NOT comming back?
From Pittsburgh Sports Now......

The day after Christmas, Pat Narduzzi and Pitt have received a huge present.

Pittsburgh Sports Now has learned that star safety Paris Ford has decided to bypass the 2020 NFL Draft and return to Pitt for his redshirt junior season.

Ford led the Panthers defense with 86 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 3 interceptions and was named 1st team All-ACC.

PSN has been told by a person with knowledge of the situation that Ford received a NFL Draft grade “that was better than expected and could have left” but that he wants to finish “as a Pitt legend” and finish what he started at Pitt.

“Paris has been loyal to Pitt from day one and he gets that loyalty from his family.”

This news is huge for Pat Narduzzi and Randy Bates as they’ll return a secondary with Ford, Jason Pinnock, Damarri Mathis and Erick Hallet.

Considering Pitt should once again have a strong defensive unit in 2020 and with the chance to put more on tape for NFL teams, Ford will be one of the more highly rated safeties in the country next season for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Reactions: jctrack

Pittsburgh Sports Now has learned that star safety Paris Ford has decided to bypass the 2020 NFL Draft and return to Pitt for his redshirt junior season.

Ford led the Panthers defense with 86 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 3 interceptions and was named 1st team All-ACC.

PSN has been told by a person with knowledge of the situation that Ford received a NFL Draft grade “that was better than expected and could have left” but that he wants to finish “as a Pitt legend” and finish what he started at Pitt.

“Paris has been loyal to Pitt from day one and he gets that loyalty from his family.”

This news is huge for Pat Narduzzi and Randy Bates as they’ll return a secondary with Ford, Jason Pinnock, Damarri Mathis and Erick Hallet.

Considering Pitt should once again have a strong defensive unit in 2020 and with the chance to put more on tape for NFL teams, Ford will be one of the more highly rated safeties in the country next season for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Because I highly, HIGHLY doubt anyone.......who recieved a higher than expected grade,

Would come back to "finish" anything.

I question every part of the PSN story. I wonder if it's true that he actually got that high of a grade.

I heard Paris Ford in an interview during bowl game prep saying guys like Hamlin and and Dane Jackson were passing the torch to him (or something along those lines). I took that as good news he may be returning but who knows.

One thing that is for sure is I haven't seen him mentioned in any of the mock drafts but guys like Twyman, Jones, Jackson have been late round projections.

I don't think there is much certainty either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT