ADVERTISEMENT

Hartman to Notre Dame

Pitt_Boss

Freshman
Dec 15, 2008
It's been rumored for a while, looks like Hartman to ND is happening.

From a Pitt perspective, this an 'OK' event:

Wake becomes a lot more beatable for us next year without him. I'd like to think we beat WF either way, but them not having a veteran, talented QB like him should allow our overall talent advantage to factor more in the game (a stud QB really masks a lot of things). So just looking at the WF game, this is a plus event for Pitt.

But, since we also play Notre Dame next year, it's more of a 'meh' event. Notre Dame was always going to be a tougher game than Wake and now Hartman makes them way tougher than there other current QBs would. However, given the types of QBs ND could have drawn, I'd say this is not a negative event for Pitt vs ND, more of a neutral event. Hartman is a very good college QB, but we know him well, he is not a dual threat, and may not put up the same numbers outside of Wake's mesh offense. It will be a challenging game for sure, but Hartman leading ND does not seem like an impossible task.

In their last 4 recruiting classes, Notre Dame has signed 3 Four Star QBs who still would have eligibility left this upcoming year and 3 other 3 star qbs. and they have to go to wake forest to find a starting qb in 2023.

Man, if that doesnt show you that recruiting high school qbs is a crap shoot, nothing will.

4 STAR QBS ND SIGNED

Jurk / Pyne / Buchner

3 STAR QBS ND SIGNED

Clark / Powlus / Angeli

Wake will be fine- that offense is as QB friendly as it gets. Skeptical Hartman will be anything special in a new scheme though

Hartman will not beat out Buchner. Hartman is a system QB that was perfect for Wake offense. Pitt being the exception.

It's been rumored for a while, looks like Hartman to ND is happening.

From a Pitt perspective, this an 'OK' event:

Wake becomes a lot more beatable for us next year without him. I'd like to think we beat WF either way, but them not having a veteran, talented QB like him should allow our overall talent advantage to factor more in the game (a stud QB really masks a lot of things). So just looking at the WF game, this is a plus event for Pitt.

But, since we also play Notre Dame next year, it's more of a 'meh' event. Notre Dame was always going to be a tougher game than Wake and now Hartman makes them way tougher than there other current QBs would. However, given the types of QBs ND could have drawn, I'd say this is not a negative event for Pitt vs ND, more of a neutral event. Hartman is a very good college QB, but we know him well, he is not a dual threat, and may not put up the same numbers outside of Wake's mesh offense. It will be a challenging game for sure, but Hartman leading ND does not seem like an impossible task.
He was toying with the thought of going pro last season, and next year, year six, he’s going to Notre Dame?

That doesn’t make sense to me. Unless he doesn’t have NFL aspirations.

A sixth year at Notre Dame isn’t going to show anything he hasn’t already shown. He can make good decisions with the ball; throw a catchable ball; and scramble / run well.

The question mark for him is his mental state and depression. If he can get get the right treatment for that, he should be a solid pro prospect without another year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT