ADVERTISEMENT

Has Anyone on Here Read "Playing Through the Whistle?"

Joe Pa Thetic

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2012
I am always looking for interesting books to read, and was thinking about picking this one up. The reviews on Amazon are mostly outstanding for the book, but I was just curious if anyone on here has read the book (since this is a football board). Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Amazon product ASIN 0802125646

I read it and REALLY liked it, especially due to all the comments about Aliquippa
that are often mentioned on this board. I've never been there.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
I am always looking for interesting books to read, and was thinking about picking this one up. The reviews on Amazon are mostly outstanding for the book, but I was just curious if anyone on here has read the book (since this is a football board). Any thoughts or recommendations?

Read it and highly recommend it. It gives the entire evolution of the town and the influence the steel mills had. And how the football program evolved with it. A lot of familiar sports names pop up in the book.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If you want a good wpa football read, check out "strength coach.". The entire 1st half of the book takes you back to the steel mill and coal mines.

East Carolina's strength coach wrote it.

I'm currently reading Urban Meyer book on leadership. So far, so good.

Steel,
When you get to the part of Urban's book when he is banging a UF cheerleader let us know the "leadership" attributes that Urban is demonstrating?

Steel,
When you get to the part of Urban's book when he is banging a UF cheerleader let us know the "leadership" attributes that Urban is demonstrating?

Is that why he really had to quit UF? I always wondered what happened

Just finished it . Highly recommended .
I actually recommended it in another thread about Sean Gilbert being a possible replacement head coach . The chosen coach Warfield is also written about in this book .

There were rumors about a lot of things.

Nothing proven. Nothing juicy to get mentioned by the media.

He could be guilty or he could be innocent.

I always wondered if the big health scare was fake. It always seemed fishy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT