ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes To Colorado

Not that the program was in great shape when he took over but I could see him leaving it in worse shape.

Yeah.
I think Deion could be a really good coach.
But I don’t think he’s trying to be a really good coach at *Colorado.*
The way he’s recruiting. You don’t recruit like that if you’re actually trying to build something for the long term.

I think he knows that other schools are seeing the spotlight he put on Colorado. The increase in money he was able to get come in. And the success he had recruiting within the areas he actually did recruit.
And he thinks that is enough to attract a job he would want long term.

Reactions: pittdan77
I'd have a little respect for Hayes if he just said I need to get paid. As it happened, I have none.

F him and Colorado. I hope they suck.
Bingo.

I would understand if he said it was about the money. Now every time his name is brought up, his quote about Pitt not being able to win comes up as well. It’s a slap in the face. What he should have said is:

“I love Pitt. But I’m not sure I’m going to be in the NFL in a couple of years. This is my last best chance to make some cash. So with a heavy heart I decided to leave and see how much NIL money I can get”

Understood.

Next time, man up and tell the truth, Dayon…

Bingo.

I would understand if he said it was about the money. Now every time his name is brought up, his quote about Pitt not being able to win comes up as well. It’s a slap in the face. What he should have said is:

“I love Pitt. But I’m not sure I’m going to be in the NFL in a couple of years. This is my last best chance to make some cash. So with a heavy heart I decided to leave and see how much NIL money I can get”

Understood.

Coach Sanders: “Dayon what? Not sure I know what that is.”

Bingo.

Understood.

He cant say that because these arent supposed to be pay for play.

He cant say that because these arent supposed to be pay for play.

just make no comment, I don't think Addison explained his actions. Although not sure the texting with Carter was on the up & up. Carter should have made explicitly clear it wasn't a personal conversation and for the record.

Hayes will make more money from NIL than he will the rest of his life It’s pretty clear that sanders and Hayes were talking before he decided to enter the portal. Pitt couldn’t or wouldn’t match the Colorado offer so he bolted Like I said. I don’t blame him As I said this is his last opportunity to cash in on his talent. He has no shot at the NFL
I was told he put a feeler out for the NFL draft and was given a UDFA grade. I also heard he is a 4.85-4.95 guy in the 40.

Dude knows NIL is probably his last good chance at accumulating some $$$.

Jesus , how stupid is College Football ?
Izzy Polk to the portal? Why even follow recruiting now?
This crap can't go on many more years .

Cole Mitchell and Izzy Polk to the Portal...

I just said this the other day. They have to get under the 85 scholarship limit. Their was a few more that needed to leave. Don't be alarmed! I'm sure they had a discussion with the staff and came to an understanding.

I just said this the other day. They have to get under the 85 scholarship limit. Their was a few more that needed to leave. Don't be alarmed! I'm sure they had a discussion with the staff and came to an understanding.

These players play for Pitt? I never heard of them? Were they supposed to be good?

They are still recruiting receivers. He saw the writing on the wall. This light leave the door open for Bostick, from Iowa.

We still need a few more players to leave.

Reactions: pittmeister

Guys that haven;t contributed and weren't going to contribute. Dead weight. This falls into the who cares category.

Losing starters like Hayes and De Shields is a different story.

Reactions: pittmeister
They are still recruiting receivers. He saw the writing on the wall. This light leave the door open for Bostick, from Iowa.

We still need a few more players to leave.

His high school tape looked good, but the optics of offering a dude who didn't even have a catch in two seasons at Iowa are kind of funny.

I guess you could argue that their offense was too incompetent to get anyone the ball. I mean their leading receiver had 299 yards for the season. That's about as hilarious as it gets. I'm guessing most teams that run the triple option topped that.

Poetic Justice is PITT and Colorado both become bowl eligible and meet in said Bowl game , appropriately named the “ Nick Marmo Bowl sponsored by Depends” where PITT beats Colorado …

The End

With 30 combined players opting out so what would the result of the Marmo Bowl even matter? There are few things in life more irrelevant than the results of bowl games.

With 30 combined players opting out so what would the result of the Marmo Bowl even matter? There are few things in life more irrelevant than the results of bowl games.
When have the results of any Bowl game “mattered”?

Seriously especially now.

That’s not the point

When we have giant pop tarts as mascots for bowl games…? Newsflash none of it matters other than the fact we are witnessing a post apocalyptic dystopian version of college football worthy of “Idiocracy”

Nobody cares about winning. Brady is stating the obvious. Where can I make the most or where can I play the most. Look at basketball and Mark Mitchell from Duke choosing to go play for 0-18 Missouri. Winning just isnt as important to these kids as it was for generations past.
Most of the kids care about winning. You're just seeing a few loud and extreme examples get all of the attention. Plus it helps fragile egos to advance this notion that kids don't care and are only out for themselves.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
When have the results of any Bowl game “mattered”?

Seriously especially now.

That’s not the point

When we have giant pop tarts as mascots for bowl games…? Newsflash none of it matters other than the fact we are witnessing a post apocalyptic dystopian version of college football worthy of “Idiocracy”

Last year. Polls still come out after the final bowl game and can make or break a top 25 season. And for those that say a final ranking doesn't matter, remember this is college football which is essentially a beauty contest with judges so rankings do matter.

"It's not like Colorado has been killing it with high school recruits, either. Deion Sanders has infamously refused to do any in-person recruiting trips, choosing to have everyone visit him on campus. If that works, great, but it doesn't seem to be at Colorado."

That quote makes me wonder if Deion even wants to be a college football coach. Is he there because he wants to be a college coach, or because he wants to get his sons to the most exposure they can get? I don't know the answer, but that quote doesn't sound like someone who wants to have the job for very long.

"It's not like Colorado has been killing it with high school recruits, either. Deion Sanders has infamously refused to do any in-person recruiting trips, choosing to have everyone visit him on campus. If that works, great, but it doesn't seem to be at Colorado."

That quote makes me wonder if Deion even wants to be a college football coach. Is he there because he wants to be a college coach, or because he wants to get his sons to the most exposure they can get? I don't know the answer, but that quote doesn't sound like someone who wants to have the job for very long.
Could be hubris, too. Thinks he can trade on his name.

Makes you wonder how in depth the CU hiring committee got with him about his specific plan to restore CU football to some semblance of respectability. I'm guessing, not very.

"Respect my decision."

He said he is only taking a few kids HS kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT