ADVERTISEMENT

Heart.

UPitt129

Freshman
Feb 13, 2014
Saw a lot of posters questioning this teams toughness and will to win after the ncst game...this was an extremely gritty come back, and one of the more satisfying wins I can remember because of the manner in which it was pulled out.

Hopefully this game quiets the notion the team is soft.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
They were the opposite of tough (soft ) in the NCSt game & Louisville game and yes this was a great comeback.
Now lets get to where we're tough not soft in all games and we'll have something going! About .500 in softies vs toughies so far!
Unless you're an MLB hitter .500 isn't very good!
But there's a lot of members of "set the bar low" limbo club on this board.
Its a step in the right direction so lets keep rolling.

Go PITT!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDeanofPgh
They were the opposite of tough (soft ) in the NCSt game & Louisville game and yes this was a great comeback.
Now lets get to where we're tough not soft in all games and we'll have something going! About .500 in softies than toughies so far!

Go PITT!

What about the ND gane where they held out at the end? Gt it was close and they pulled away? Davidson they went down by I think seven early only to blow them out? Cuse game? Even WCU where they were down late and came back?

Agree. I still think against NC State the effort level was just flat out embarrassing. But yesterday they did exactly what they needed to, they came back and won a tough, gritty ball game. Doesn't change what I think about the NC State game, but I can't figure out why they played that way. Clearly, I don't think soft accurately describes this team's attitude for the entire season.

I had assumed this was going to be a thread about the Wilson sisters. Disappointing.
You're right this would have been the better thread option!
Barracuda, & Crazy on You
th

Saw a lot of posters questioning this teams toughness and will to win after the ncst game...this was an extremely gritty come back, and one of the more satisfying wins I can remember because of the manner in which it was pulled out.

Hopefully this game quiets the notion the team is soft.

LOL. I didn't even read one post in this thread besides the OP and I see I was a day late but completely on point with associating the post with the Wilson sister's band.

Now lets get to where we're tough not soft in all games and we'll have something going! About .500 in softies vs toughies so far!

Go PITT!
FYI... "Set the bar low" refers to high jumping. A low bar in limbo would have the opposite meaning that you intend. Cheers!

Reactions: levance2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT