ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke a finalist for AD of the year

I hope she is here for a very long time.
Sadly, the chances of having two "_______of the year" recipients without losing one sooner or later seems slim. Its the nature of the business, you have to "ride the wave" when it comes by, but time will tell.

I would like to say that I have been fairly critical of Heather Lyke and those who have thrown accolades her way regarding her job performance at Pitt. I have done this because, in my opinion, the #1 issue for the Pitt Athletic Department is the lack of an on campus football facility.
Without getting into that issue any further, because it could over take this post and I do not want to do that.
I do want to say that she gained enormous points from me last night when I saw her after the close win against MSU, standing in the tunnel waiting for the players/coaches to leave the court after the game. I can not remember the players name, but as he walked by, she reached out to congratulate him and he wrapped his arms around her, picked her up and hugged her. The smile on both of their faces was REAL and you could see how much the victory meant to both of them.
Congratulations to all the coaches, players, training staff and to Pitt AD Heather Lyke on a job well done.

Reactions: Parkview57
I would like to say that I have been fairly critical of Heather Lyke and those who have thrown accolades her way regarding her job performance at Pitt. I have done this because, in my opinion, the #1 issue for the Pitt Athletic Department is the lack of an on campus football facility.
Without getting into that issue any further, because it could over take this post and I do not want to do that.
I do want to say that she gained enormous points from me last night when I saw her after the close win against MSU, standing in the tunnel waiting for the players/coaches to leave the court after the game. I can not remember the players name, but as he walked by, she reached out to congratulate him and he wrapped his arms around her, picked her up and hugged her. The smile on both of their faces was REAL and you could see how much the victory meant to both of them.
Congratulations to all the coaches, players, training staff and to Pitt AD Heather Lyke on a job well done.
That was Gregg Elliott - he literally picked her off her feet and she was all smiles. Loved that scene!!

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT