ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke

FurioGiunta

Walk-on
Oct 6, 2018
Think about what a sensational hire she has been. Has she really done anything wrong since being hired here? Some examples of her excellence:

1. The Duzz contract extension after a 5-7 season. A somewhat risky move because if the bottom falls out, you’re stuck with him as HC. She showed faith in him, and it’s paid off big time.

2. Firing sleepy Stallings and hiring Capel. The jury is still out on Capel, but, my guess is that they win more than 8 this year. Capel appears to be a massive upgrade over Stallings and I think will lead Pitt back to a sweet 16 in 4 years or under.

3. The volleyball team is a juggernaut. Heather doesn’t have much to do with it, but she’s the AD and they’re great.

4. She hired Gavin to run the wrestling program, and he was named the Rookie Coach of the Year. The wrestling team is now 2-0 and appears to be trending up.

I realize that some of my examples need more time to see what happens. But, I haven’t been this excited about Pitt athletics in some time! A job well done by Heather!

Think about what a sensational hire she has been. Has she really done anything wrong since being hired here? Some examples of her excellence:

1. The Duzz contract extension after a 5-7 season. A somewhat risky move because if the bottom falls out, you’re stuck with him as HC. She showed faith in him, and it’s paid off big time.

2. Firing sleepy Stallings and hiring Capel. The jury is still out on Capel, but, my guess is that they win more than 8 this year. Capel appears to be a massive upgrade over Stallings and I think will lead Pitt back to a sweet 16 in 4 years or under.

3. The volleyball team is a juggernaut. Heather doesn’t have much to do with it, but she’s the AD and they’re great.

4. She hired Gavin to run the wrestling program, and he was named the Rookie Coach of the Year. The wrestling team is now 2-0 and appears to be trending up.

I realize that some of my examples need more time to see what happens. But, I haven’t been this excited about Pitt athletics in some time! A job well done by Heather!
No doubt! Best AD we ever had.

I don't know much if anything about wrestling. I like to watch it though.
What's going on with the recruiting in that program is incredible. I
realize Pitt sits in the middle of a great recruiting area. This guy is
getting a number of the top ones to stay home, plus others from
out of state. All of these new recruits and additions and we knock
off the #14th ranked team today.
Anyway, this is another Lyke hire, and my sense is this program is
going to be very highly ranked sooner than later.
We all on here seem to like, Lyke.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtbuba
The beauty about AD compensation is that they get a variety of bonuses equal to one months pay for achieving various hurdles, I.e., making a bowl, winning conference championships, making tourneys, etc. she should make some nice money for her efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT