ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke

Wait, you thought that Mike Haywood, 10-15 record in two seasons coaching in the MAC was a "mid-major ass kicker" and a "young up-and-comer"?

Well that certainly explains a lot.
I didn't. Pitt obviously thought so because that was their move to take the program to the elusive next level and move on from Wanny's mediocrity.

Perhaps a couple of years each could have won a couple more games. That still wouldn't make those teams anything more than mediocre.

Totally disagree with your second paragraph. Pitt can't recruit to the level to be a top 20 program and win their division regularly. Unless they can consistently recruit Top 15 type classes, that level is unattainable.

Respectably is subjective.

National relevance is totally out of the question. There are maybe somewhere around 15 to 18 programs in college football that are relevant. All the rest are just window dressing.
15 to 18?
I don’t even think it’s that many

more 5 to 8….

That’s a pretty grim assessment when you put it that way…….
It’s called reality. Just the facts. But I do hope Sparty makes her the offer. She actually would be a good fit and the job would play on her strengths. She’s over her head at Pitt and is a mismatch for what Pitt needs now.

It’s called reality. Just the facts. But I do hope Sparty makes her the offer. She actually would be a good fit and the job would play on her strengths. She’s over her head at Pitt and is a mismatch for what Pitt needs now.
Considering that the position has already been filled (for at least a few days) and she wasn’t even on the final list your wish isn’t likely to come true. Might wanna keep up so you can shift your hatred for her accordingly.

Considering that the position has already been filled (for at least a few days) and she wasn’t even on the final list your wish isn’t likely to come true. Might wanna keep up so you can shift your hatred for her accordingly.
Did pitt extend her a raise since you know so much. I’m pretty sure we will know next year when pitt has to disclose. I bet she now makes $1.2 million. A nice 30 percent increase for just interviewing. My hatred won’t ever die for her. I judge by business performance. You enable and excuse. Big difference.

Did pitt extend her a raise since you know so much. I’m pretty sure we will know next year when pitt has to disclose. I bet she now makes $1.2 million. A nice 30 percent increase for just interviewing. My hatred won’t ever die for her. I judge by business performance. You enable and excuse. Big difference.
That I don’t know.

And you claiming what I do or don’t do is laughable. I’ve not commented at all other than posting what was written. So you’re either confusing me with someone else or making stuff up (much more likely).

But knowing that position was filled was no big deal especially considering it was posted in this thread. But keep ranting.

I agree that it's probably 5 to 8 this year.

Overall, I think that number will be close to 15 or 18 as things cycle. For example, I think FSU or Miami have the potential to fill the void when Clemson's ACC reign is over.

I think 6 to 8 SEC programs have the potential to win a Natty at some point.

That I don’t know.

And you claiming what I do or don’t do is laughable. I’ve not commented at all other than posting what was written. So you’re either confusing me with someone else or making stuff up (much more likely).

But knowing that position was filled was no big deal especially considering it was posted in this thread. But keep ranting.
In fairness to ghost, he's been busy jerking off on the erector set stadium at cow college.

Reactions: FireballZ
My hatred won’t ever die for her.

That's really weird.

She got taken to the cleaners by Stallings lawyers. He also cheated under her. As did Narduzzi. She was foolish enough to extend a very mediocre coach. He is grossly overpaid for performance. She inked a deal to bk the university with a 96 percent debt load called victory Heights. A project that will generate future negative cash flows. She is freakin brilliant. Sparty can have her.

But Pitt would be fools to up her sakary because they are afraid she will walk. Let her walk.

Have donations increased?
Have those yellow seats disappeared?
Is pitt still near the bottom in P5 revenues?
What about directors cup. One point ahead of BC from the ACC basement.
Any ranked seasons yet since the extension? No just 1-13 against ranked P5 schools.
And the worst five year stretch of basketball since 64-69.

So much progress has been made under her.
I smell $20 million

So even though she has been able to increase the funds for coaching, recruiting, facility improvements, etc for football, not being able to build an on campus stadium is your only measuring stick?

Prepare to be disappointed for the rest of your life then. Because whoever is ad is not going to get an on campus sta

So even though she has been able to increase the funds for coaching, recruiting, facility improvements, etc for football, not being able to build an on campus stadium is your only measuring stick?

Prepare to be disappointed for the rest of your life then. Because whoever is ad is not going to get an on campus stadium in our lifetimes.
As I said, at most NCAA D-I schools (especially the Power 5 schools), football funds the Athletic Department in a major way, Pitt is no different. Why does the school allow the #1 ISSUE to continue without trying to address it. My God, UPMC alone could fund the building of a new stadium if they were so inclined. I mean, it's not like they haven't thrown tens of millions of dollars (if not hundreds) into building facilities for other schools in the area. If Pitt doesn't address this issue,, it will continue to be the shell of the program that we ALL want it to become.

As I said, at most NCAA D-I schools (especially the Power 5 schools), football funds the Athletic Department in a major way, Pitt is no different. Why does the school allow the #1 ISSUE to continue without trying to address it. My God, UPMC alone could fund the building of a new stadium if they were so inclined. I mean, it's not like they haven't thrown tens of millions of dollars (if not hundreds) into building facilities for other schools in the area. If Pitt doesn't address this issue,, it will continue to be the shell of the program that we ALL want it to become.
Ok

There's too much in that post that I fundamentally disagree with to waste my time trying. I'll leave it at this--you can have your annual 7-5 season and Irrelevance Bowl loss, I'm glad that works for you. I not only believe Pitt can be better than that, I know it can be.

Amen! More is a Duzz fan than Pitt fan at this point

Well, Pitt's #1 issus is that the 2 main sports are subpar. If the football team could break its 40 year streak of mediocrity, its home field wouldn't be as much of an issue. But they cant. They are forever 6-6/7-5 and nothing has been attempted to break them of this. Her 2 main coaches are both either on the hot seat or close to it. Duzz is probably 2 more 6-6's from getting canned and Capel probably only has 2 more left if we continue to finish near the bottom of the league.

We're talking about an AD whose biggest accomplishment in the 2 sports that matter are firing a coach who went 0-19. That's it. That's the list. And she was cheered and celebrated for making the easiest decision in the history of college sports.

The olympic sports upgrades and new seats that no one will sit in at the Pete are nice but in the end wins in football and basketball are all that matters and those teams haven't done nearly enough of that and she is ultimately responsible
While I can agree with most of what you said, I do take issue with your comments about Pat Narduzzi. In my opinion, he is the perfect type of Head Coach for the Pitt program. People can relate to him and he has done a good job of keeping the program clean and free from NCAA investigations. He is NOT the problem. You could have any of the "big time" NCAA current Head Coaches (Saban, Day, etc...) here and the Pitt football team will continue to be the 6-6 and 7-5 team that we are all used to seeing. Top Recruits want to play at a school where they are appreciated by 80,000 fans weekly and become part of a team that has a chance to compete for a National Championship each year, that will not happen at Pitt while it plays in front of 30,000 people, in a stadium that everyone knows they just rent. I'm sorry if that sounds cold, but sadly, it is the truth. The University of Pittsburgh is the only sports team that I root for and it just frustrates me to know that they have no realistic chance to compete for a National Championship every year. Heather Lyke needs to do her job.

Reactions: Panther_in_Kentucky
Would you morons quit talking about Wannstedt. THE GUY IS 69 years old. Jesus. I mean if you want to hire him as an associate AD and he can sit in a office and take donors to lunch and tell stories ABSOLUTELY. But I’m pretty sure the guy has 10 or 15 million lying around and has no interest.

Last edited:
My son is 26, a new doctor , donor, been going to games since he could walk, just like my dad did with me. The difference there are as not as many parents like me left, I got to see good football , he has not , so there is not much excitement in these last few generations and I do blame Pitt administration for much of this. Sorry
Exactly.

This guy right here has a track record since (at least) 1997 of doing absolutely nothing but bitching… regardless of coach, AD, facilities or logos… oh and don’t forget colors.

having some “deep hatred of an AD” sounds absolutely pathological for crissakes. Please get a grip.

This guy right here has a track record since (at least) 1997 of doing absolutely nothing but bitching… regardless of coach, AD, facilities or logos… oh and don’t forget colors.

having some “deep hatred of an AD” sounds absolutely pathological for crissakes. Please get a grip.
Agreed. Deep hatred of people, especially those you never met or who never intended to harm you, is kind of pathological.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Agreed. Deep hatred of people, especially those you never met or who never intended to harm you, is kind of pathological.

I like a few personally, but as far as quality of the job they do or they are doing is avg at best, that's the reality, some much worse than others, in 35 years not much to cheer about....

I like a few personally, but as far as quality of the job they do or they are doing is avg at best, that's the reality, some much worse than others, in 35 years not much to cheer about....
The quality of the work is fine to not like. But a deep hatred, wowzers.

It is absolutely fair to criticize their work and want them out.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT