ADVERTISEMENT

Heather

As Sauce is pointing out, boosters will have to pay the bill. The money would be better spent on better assistant coaches and for the NIL. Long term that would be the way to go. Players win games.

Narduzzi deserves a chance to turn it around. He will be here next year and possibly another year after that before anything happens.

My issue with him is his ego and how he reacts to criticism.
The only thing I really take issue with is Narduzzi deserves a chance to turn it around. He’s the one who got us in this mess with bad hires and poor management of the transfer portal. I know Narduzzi isn’t going to be fired, but the question isn’t will he be, the question is should he be?

The only thing I really take issue with is Narduzzi deserves a chance to turn it around. He’s the one who got us in this mess with bad hires and poor management of the transfer portal. I know Narduzzi isn’t going to be fired, but the question isn’t will he be, the question is should he be?

I'm kind of torn on that. Win these last 2 and I feel better about giving him the chance to turn it around, especially given the ACC championship two years ago. But 2-10 is a terrible place to be, and you can't really point to injuries or playing a lot of freshmen as the reason for it. Let's put it this way if we lose out I wouldn't be unhappy to see a change made but would understand the give it one more year sentiment.

I'm kind of torn on that. Win these last 2 and I feel better about giving him the chance to turn it around, especially given the ACC championship two years ago. But 2-10 is a terrible place to be, and you can't really point to injuries or playing a lot of freshmen as the reason for it. Let's put it this way if we lose out I wouldn't be unhappy to see a change made but would understand the give it one more year sentiment.
Agreed. I think Heather and the donors will give Pat a pass this year assuming major changes are made to the coaching staff. But another 4-5 win season next year, there definitely have to be questions asked.

"With the onset of the offseason, we will work together to thoroughly evaluate each aspect of our program, on and off the field, so that we can begin competing for ACC titles again."

Told y'all.

why doesn't Heather thoroughly evaluate the schedule and ask why we were one of only a handful of programs (none of them blue bloods) that played 11 P5 games this year

Thank you for agreeing with my statement.
As I have stated before, my problem with him is his ego, stubbornness and arrogance. Why does he have to be snarky and rude to the people who cover Pitt athletics? That was uncalled for. They are trying to do their jobs. Nothing good comes from it.

He alienates people around him. As I pointed out before:

* Insulting the fans with the "Boo City" tag
* Blaming players lack of talent for the ND loss.
* Blaming other coaches for bad personnel decisions
* Having a pissy attitude at the people who cover Pitt athletics (press).

What next? Insult the donors too?

He needs to focus on the program and make it better. That's my opinion. If you disagree, so be it.

As I have stated before, my problem with him is his ego, stubbornness and arrogance. Why does he have to be snarky and rude to the people who cover Pitt athletics? That was uncalled for. They are trying to do their jobs. Nothing good comes from it.

He needs to focus on the program and make it better. That's my opinion. If you disagree, so be it.
You can add being extremely petty to your list as well!

Reactions: pittmeister
we're not talking 5-7 bad, we're talking potentially 2-10 disaster. I thought Foge should have been fired after his 3-7-1 campaign and this season while not as bad is pretty close (Foge achieved that mark while having the #2 & #4 players selected in the NFL draft that year. This team has nowhere near the talent Foge had at his disposal).

So yeah, he has earned the chance to try and turn this around, but that seat has to be pretty darn warm next year.
Yes and they kept Foge around for one more season to go 5-5. Probably not a good idea to keep as his '84 team that went 3-7-1 was loaded with talent

Because I don't think like the haters here, that winning is everything for college teams. I have said many times -if you've been here at all you know this - that college sports are part of the university's role to turn teenagers into adults. Narduzzi has created a great culture for that and its one that fits the "personality" of Pittsburgh.

I know you don't agree. That's fine. Just don't expect me to let stuff stupid pass without comment, especially since there are a lot of us that agree. My "island" exists because the rest aren't on here or are unwilling to take the verbal abuse of the haters.
What you describe is a great culture which flourishes in Division II, III, NIAA, Ivy League. The Power 5 is about generating revenue and winning.

Yes, but it's also the same media that can't wait to write a hit piece against Pitt football. It's been that way since before he got here, so it's not like he's ever experienced any honeymoon with the 2 bit hacks that populate his press conference.

We have another thread with a Vuke hit piece. The guy who would throw his family under the bus if it led to a few more clicks on his shitty website.

Reactions: ThePanthers
"With the onset of the offseason, we will work together to thoroughly evaluate each aspect of our program, on and off the field, so that we can begin competing for ACC titles again."

Told y'all.
You unequivocally said she’d keep her nose completely out of Narduzzi’s business….you’re changing your story

What you describe is a great culture which flourishes in Division II, III, NIAA, Ivy League. The Power 5 is about generating revenue and winning.
P5 is still university-based and the primary role of a university is the same at all levels.

You unequivocally said she’d keep her nose completely out of Narduzzi’s business….you’re changing your story
I provide my quote from October. I never said what you claim. You're a liar. If you're right, post what I said. It should be here. But you won't because it doesn't exist.

If a student chooses a college based on the success of its' athletic program they're just as short-sighted
Whoa!!! It is the networking that goes along with "Go State " Saturday crowd, it brings a lot of opportunities for Alum of those schools that are bound by the one of two rah,rah sports allegiance, IMO

why doesn't Heather thoroughly evaluate the schedule and ask why we were one of only a handful of programs (none of them blue bloods) that played 11 P5 games this year
Fair question… Because part of her job is getting rears in the seats. Tennessee, WVU, Cincinnati, etc., will bring more fans than Wofford. So she has to schedule big names or local MAC colleges that will bring fans…

Reactions: cbpitt2
It’s what he does
Says nothing.
Claims victory

Tickets for west club are yours for free
I’ll gladly send you 2 for you and your wife
I showed what I said, But we know you can't follow threads.

Send them. I'll send them back to someone in PA that would like to attend. Not me. I'm happy watching from my couch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT