ADVERTISEMENT

Hinson says goodbye perfectly

Dang, had tears in my eyes. Honestly, Blake might be my all-time favorite Panther. I know he isnt going to have his number retired and we've had better players and players who have won more but I dont know if we've ever had a player quite like Blake. I say that because not only was he a great player, he probably had the best attitude/personality of any player I can remember. His press conferences were downright entertaining. And without Blake, there's no "Capel 2." There’s no NCAAT last year. There's no shoulda been NCAAT this year. So in that sense, he is one of the most important players in Pitt history. He is the face of this rebirth of Pitt basketball. He made Pitt basketball relevant again and perhaps, more importantly, fun again.

I'll always remember a quote if his from a few weeks ago when a reporter asked why he was staying so long after games to sign autographs and his reply was something along the lines of it being an honor to be able to do that. Great player. Great person. I hope to see him in the NBA next season.

Dang, had tears in my eyes. Honestly, Blake might be my all-time favorite Panther. I know he isnt going to have his number retired and we've had better players and players who have won more but I dont know if we've ever had a player quite like Blake. I say that because not only was he a great player, he probably had the best attitude/personality of any player I can remember. His press conferences were downright entertaining. And without Blake, there's no "Capel 2." There’s no NCAAT last year. There's no shoulda been NCAAT this year. So in that sense, he is one of the most important players in Pitt history. He is the face of this rebirth of Pitt basketball. He made Pitt basketball relevant again and perhaps, more importantly, fun again.

I'll always remember a quote if his from a few weeks ago when a reporter asked why he was staying so long after games to sign autographs and his reply was something along the lines of it being an honor to be able to do that. Great player. Great person. I hope to see him in the NBA next season.
Agree 100%. He seemed to not only love basketball, but was genuinely appreciative of pitt for taking a chance on him. Absolutely a joy to watch and he will be missed but forever be a pitt man.

I wish he hadn't laid such a turd in his final Pitt game. He was a great player and really one of the keys to turning this program around.

Reactions: FireballZ
I wish he hadn't laid such a turd in his final Pitt game. He was a great player and really one of the keys to turning this program around.

It wasnt all his fault. He was never open. Ingram face guarded him and made Pitt play 4 on 4 on offense. Now, you can say he needed to get open but Pitt doesnt have the offense or set plays to run him off screens.

Reactions: rockypanther
One of my favorites of All-Time!!! Comes from a great family too. H2P!!!

Great post and agree!!!! Blake is special

Reactions: ratking17
at any point did you actually think to debate with yourself the necessity of that first sentence within the context and spirit of the original post?

Reactions: rockypanther
He not only made himself better he made the whole team better, wish it could have been 2 more year. He made Pitt basketball fun again to watch.Good luck with your future

Funny thing is he probably can get 1 more year but if I'm him, its time to take that shot at the NBA. The NCAA is powerless. But if he petitioned for an extra year due to not being able to play during the Covid year, the NCAA would rule him ineligible but if the PA AG sued the NCAA over this, they'd win and any player who didnt play during the Covid year would be granted an additional year.

Funny thing is he probably can get 1 more year but if I'm him, its time to take that shot at the NBA. The NCAA is powerless. But if he petitioned for an extra year due to not being able to play during the Covid year, the NCAA would rule him ineligible but if the PA AG sued the NCAA over this, they'd win and any player who didnt play during the Covid year would be granted an additional year.
This team finished 12-3 and had top 10 in the country metrics down the stretch. Could you imagine if he did return? We’d be a top 10 team depending on Bub’s return…and probably even better with the right portal acquisition.

This team finished 12-3 and had top 10 in the country metrics down the stretch. Could you imagine if he did return? We’d be a top 10 team depending on Bub’s return…and probably even better with the right portal acquisition.

Top 5 hypothetically if he and Bub came back but the chances of that are 0% because Blake isnt going to test it and he shouldn't. Its time to try for the NBA. Hypothetically though, the NCAA is never going to win any of these arbitrary eligibility cases anymore. Been saying this for awhile but we are not far away from a player suing for unlimited eligibility and winning. In another post, I mentioned Cormac Ryan will be 26 in October. He's making six figures and probably can continue to make that. Not sure he's a great Euro prospect (for the good $$$ leagues). If he sues to be able to continue to earn a living, how is he going to lose that? He wont.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT