ADVERTISEMENT

Holstein Starting

PittPanther44

All Conference
Apr 16, 2005
I admit I know nothing about him - but a former top 50 /Bama recruit that is still young is intriguing. Yarnell scheduled to play too.

Agree - but he’ll still get a real shot still unless Holstein lights it up. And the latter would mean it was the right decision
I agree. I'm fine with this. We are favored by 24 points. It's fine to go with who played best in practice and if it didn't work out, adjust before it's too late. Of all the positions on the field, QB is much less concerning to me than e.g. offensive line or linebackers. I think we're going to throw the ball around much better than last year.

I was hoping Nate would start, but congrats to Eli. I'm more happy that they've been open that both will play. They can continue competing and the best QB will eventually take the reigns. All the while they both get experience in the offense.

Let's post peak material instead of vuk...especially when vuk isn't telling us something peak isn't also sharing.

I feel for Nate. Dude has really stuck with the program when he could have transferred and nobody would have thought less of him.
Come on. What options could he really have had other than transfer to Division II or III? Holstein taking the reins is what’s best for the future of the program.

I'm fine with Holstein. Nate will still get some time to make his case.

If Holstein turns out to be very good, Pitt needs to be ready to pay to keep him. He has 4 years' eligibility, and a good showing will have the SEC teams coming out of the woodwork.

If, in fact, we are a high-scoring team, it may be possible to give the 2nd string QB quite a bit of playing time.

Prediction: Yarnell will play better than Holstein in the Kent State game. Regardless, Holstein will start against Cincy. This will cause a QB controversy. Will we have QB confusion again this season? Tune in! Let's see how it unfolds....

Reactions: columbus mike
Hammond is another dude who has to be a bad practice player because he cant even sniff the field

That one's just weird. He's a good player who had consistently made plays in games.

Narduzzi's limited response to Peak's Hammond question was kind of telling. It was very short with no elaboration or praise like he gave Reid and Davis. Don't know what's going on, but something isn't right.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
Yarnell reminds me a bit of Tony Pike from Cincy, who was buried on the depth chart as 5th string. Had to be terrible in practice but was good in the games
I can see the similarities, that’s a solid comparison. Pike was decent-ish, but always got the ball to in his playmakers hands…to make plays.

I always thought Collaros was the better QB.

Narduzzi's limited response to Peak's Hammond question was kind of telling. It was very short with no elaboration or praise like he gave Reid and Davis. Don't know what's going on, but something isn't right.
Last year, our best QB was Yarnell, and our best RB was Hammond and neither are starting Saturday. I stand by my prediction that Yarnell will play better than Holstein and I'll add that Hammond will be the most productive runner against Kent State.

Narduzzi's selections/management of quarterbacks (with a few notable exceptions (KP)) is Wannstedt-esque.
Well if you believe what Dooz regularly claims he has nothing to do with the QB position at all.

Last year, our best QB was Yarnell, and our best RB was Hammond and neither are starting Saturday. I stand by my prediction that Yarnell will play better than Holstein and I'll add that Hammond will be the most productive runner against Kent State.

And it was a 3-9 team. So I while I’m rooting for all the guys, I get taking a shot with some fresh players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT