ADVERTISEMENT

Hoopies or Hokies?

Hard to say, VT lost some serious playmakers on offense from last year's squad. VT should have the better defense, which will likely determine the outcome of this game.

VT: 24
WVU: 20

Grier looked good at Florida, but VT should have one of the top secondaries in the country. I think the Hokies win.

I'll be interested to see what VT's defense looks like. For a team that's picked to win the division by a few people, I would expect them to win. But I think WVU, having the only defense in the Big 12, will give them a run for their money.

Gibby has to win this one for the Mounties.He only has 3 starters back on D lots of holes to fill.Now on offense they love Grier down here but his receiving Corp is very thin.Grier is a winner and that's huge because it gives confidence to the whole team.Wvu will win this game because of their running game not their passing game.I think the D wins this one for the Mounties 28-24.I hope Raines sees the need for DBs at WVU and commits Monday!!!!!!!Let's gooooooo

The hoopies replace many defensive starters with another big assortment of junior college players. They better hope these guys are good and gel together because it's the first game. They also have three real talented running backs but weak receiving corp. I say weak only because of some of the talented receivers they have had over the last 5-6 years

I think in the end the Hokies defense and special teams makes the difference. Hoopies will get better as the season goes along but will have to win many games by shootouts due to the explosive offenses in the BIG 12

I think VT takes a step back this year. Their schedule is tougher than last years easy schedule (although still not that difficult). After WVU they have Delaware, ECU and Old Dominion. So beat WVU and they could be sitting at 4-0 going into the meat of their schedule.

I have no clue if WVU is any good.

Since "bad" typically triumphs over "less bad" (in ethical sense) in sports, and much of life, actually but especially sports ... when knowing little about two contestants (as I really do, in this case) the most reliable bet is to go with the more evil of the two. They are typically the more ruthless and thus more likely to win. So, WVU it is.

On the last play in regulation VT lines up for a game tying 63 yard field goal. The kicker line drives the ball into the back of the center and it carroms into the hands of the holder (both knees off the ground). WVU begins to celebrate victory, and as they retreat to the locker room, the VT holder pitches the ball to the kicker who runs for a touchdown. The next morning while watching espn over breakfast, WVU learns of the outcome. VT 96 WVU 92
... Or something like that.

Gibby has to win this one for the Mounties.He only has 3 starters back on D lots of holes to fill.Now on offense they love Grier down here but his receiving Corp is very thin.Grier is a winner and that's huge because it gives confidence to the whole team.Wvu will win this game because of their running game not their passing game.I think the D wins this one for the Mounties 28-24.I hope Raines sees the need for DBs at WVU and commits Monday!!!!!!!Let's gooooooo

So, they have a lot of holes to fill on D, yet the D will win this one for WVU? Good lord, I hope Raines understands the value of education which would lead one to not completely contradict themselves within a single paragraph.

All kidding aside, VT has the strong defense, especially along the DL and secondary. Grier better be ready to use his legs!

I expect VT to struggle early in the season. They lost to much talent on offense. WVU will be breaking in some new starters as well but I think they got more returning than VT. Wvu in a close one.

Alum you know what I meant.The defense will hold on to preserve the victory after the running game gets WVU the lead?Gibby is doing a much better job than I thought he would as DC.WVU wide receivers are very suspect right now but the running backs aren't,they are pretty good.Grier is going to be good but he can't catch his own passes.My personal thought was Shell actually played too much last year.As far as education very few P5 4* go to their school of choice for an education.

Alum you know what I meant.The defense will hold on to preserve the victory after the running game gets WVU the lead?Gibby is doing a much better job than I thought he would as DC.WVU wide receivers are very suspect right now but the running backs aren't,they are pretty good.Grier is going to be good but he can't catch his own passes.My personal thought was Shell actually played too much last year.As far as education very few P5 4* go to their school of choice for an education.

Totally messing with you. Should be a good game. I'm glad both teams decided to schedule a solid opponent within their region.

I really don't the think averaging 3.8 yards per carry against Alabama is below average?Alabama gave up an average of 3.2 ypc in 2014.So Shell did ok by WVU standards.

On behalf of WVU thanks for supporting us against Va Tech but I don't think WVU can score 45pts!I hope your right 76 but I'm looking for the game to be in the 20s.

On behalf of WVU thanks for supporting us against Va Tech .

GTFO of here......thanks for supporting us my arse. You marks will be yucking it up over the first Pitt Loss, posting FB comments over Hyundai's Sweet Caroline commercials with something about the football program you love to stalk up north cause you aren't quite over the break up, and claiming to the world how you neanderthals will beat BAMMY with 150,000 fans showing up from Rachel, Shinnston, Grafton, and "all points in between" at Wembley Stadium.

GTFO of here. ACC all the way.......Hope Fuentes runs the score up on you fools. 65-0 is my hope. SCREW WVU.

Reactions: vietvet1
Perch thank you for your kind words about WVU and by the way good luck with the Penguins Saturday. Perch what did WVU do to you to cause you to hate so much?I miss playing Pitt every year in all sports because it's fun to play a rival.Sorry about your harsh feeling toward us and may God bless you in your time of need!Come to the WVU vs Pitt BB game this year I'll bring you a West by God Virginia T-shirt.Have fun at your game Saturday?

Perch thank you for your kind words about WVU and by the way good luck with the Penguins Saturday. Perch what did WVU do to you to cause you to hate so much?I miss playing Pitt every year in all sports because it's fun to play a rival.Sorry about your harsh feeling toward us and may God bless you in your time of need!Come to the WVU vs Pitt BB game this year I'll bring you a West by God Virginia T-shirt.Have fun at your game Saturday?

I think VT wins if WVU is dependent on running the ball as VT's defense is nearly always very very difficult to run against.

As far as my personal tastes are concerned, I always root for both WVU and PSU to lose every single game that they play.

No healthy hetero sane Pitt man can ever favor WVU or Penn State, unless POSSIBLY it enabled us to win some kind of championship as a result (ha, fat chance of THAT in our lives), and even then...

Reactions: vietvet1
Come on guys it's only a game and college football is a fun game.I love beating Pitt and Psu but in the end it's only a game.I don't hate Pitt,PSU or Va Tech but it makes me feel very good when on those few occasions we win a game against them!Funny but I don't root against anyone WVU isn't playing except ND and THE Ohio State and there's a history with these two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT