ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Sean Miller rumor

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
If he would’ve won last night, would’ve been named the head coach at Texas shortly after Xavier eventually lost. He’s supposedly interviewed but now they don’t know what to do because Rodney Terry has them in the elite 8 and was national coach of the year. They want Rodney Terry to get either the Penn State or Cal jobs, both of which he has zoomed for. A crazy tangled web from last nights game

If he would’ve won last night, would’ve been named the head coach at Texas shortly after Xavier eventually lost. He’s supposedly interviewed but now they don’t know what to do because Rodney Terry has them in the elite 8 and was national coach of the year. They want Rodney Terry to get either the Penn State or Cal jobs, both of which he has zoomed for. A crazy tangled web from last nights game
Crazy. Do you think terry is ped states top choice?

Doubt it. Worst coach in America according to you and others. You said our record over the last 5 years would have been roughly the same had we hired him in 2016. Major L.

Doubt it. Worst coach in America according to you and others. You said our record over the last 5 years would have been roughly the same had we hired him in 2016. Major L.
It would’ve been roughly the same. He’s not a good coach.

Texas basketball fired Rick Barnes for Shaka Smart, who they had to fire for Chris Beard, who they had to fire for beating his wife. Do you think Texas Basketball is making sound decisions? I don’t.

Seems like there’s a connection between Penn State’s AD and Dusty May - they were at Indiana at the same time as undergrads.

Fisher interviewed at Temple but there’s a ton of internal pressure to make him the psu head coach.

Not sure. I’ve heard Adam Fisher will not follow Micah and is being forced down whoever’s throat as associate head coach. Terry would be desperate enough to take it like that, but others wouldn’t be.

Interesting that Terry would be desperate for a job. You’d think he’d have teams lined up for his services after this season. I know he isn’t the primary reason for Texas’ success but he’s kept them afloat.

Not sure. I’ve heard Adam Fisher will not follow Micah and is being forced down whoever’s throat as associate head coach. Terry would be desperate enough to take it like that, but others wouldn’t be.
Is Fisher the good recruiter/coach what they say he is? I see that and just wonder if he is all smoke.

Hmm, interesting. If Texas has identified their guy, it seems silly a Sweet 16 win/loss would change that regardless of who that loss to. Unless the people making decisions are split on keeping Terry vs hiring Miller.

Reactions: bobfree
Hmm, interesting. If Texas has identified their guy, it seems silly a Sweet 16 win/loss would change that regardless of who that loss to. Unless the people making decisions are split on keeping Terry vs hiring Miller.
People were saying the winner of the game was likely the head coach at Texas next year. No idea how valid, I’m not claiming this is some sort of fact. It’s all speculation

Seems like there’s a connection between Penn State’s AD and Dusty May - they were at Indiana at the same time as undergrads.

Fisher interviewed at Temple but there’s a ton of internal pressure to make him the psu head coach.
May isn’t going to PSU per my sources. They only lose one rotation player off a team that is in the elite 8, he’s in Boca, they’re going to a bigger conference with more money. He’s gonna pull an Oats and up his stock next year.

My source? Dusty May. Haha

This sounds like 1989 when Michigan played Xavier in round two and if the Musketeers would’ve won, Pete Gillen was rumored to be the next Wolverines coach. Maybe this is a good sign for Rodney Terry and he pulls a Steve Fisher.

Still waiting for you to provide an actual quote to support this disingenuous claim.

We all know you won’t though. But it’s nice to dream.

I don't love the idea of hitching your wagon to interim head coaches who get hot. They didn't build the team, etc.

I know it usually creates a conundrum in other sports, because so many of the players vouch for them. But in college basketball, there is so much turnover that it doesn't matter. But college coaches are also GMs, so I would tread carefully in hiring anybody whose successs is linked to someone else's players (and, presumably, system as well).

Reactions: Eastern Eight
Terry has a resume that screams top assistant. Can he recruit to the level he's going to need to to win enough long term? Miller can and will. One way or the other.

My own opinion, Miller would be a huge Dick leaving Xavier again after one year.

Good point. At least do the Paul Chryst thing where you pretend to be committed for another year or two when the path to a better job becomes shockingly available way sooner than you thought it would.

I can see why Texas nay stay away from Terry, Interim coaches rarely work out. Wichita State fired the guy who cleaned up its mess. Held the team together and got them in to the tournament the first year. Then flame out. Mike Davis at Indiana is another example.

My thought process is if the interim coach isn't the guy when you name him as the replacement. Then move on.

It was also mentioned Texas has monopoly money. What if they can get Calipari, Billy Donovan or someone like them? Who would you want if your are Texas? Terry or Donovan?

May isn’t going to PSU per my sources. They only lose one rotation player off a team that is in the elite 8, he’s in Boca, they’re going to a bigger conference with more money. He’s gonna pull an Oats and up his stock next year.

They will all transfer up

I can see why Texas nay stay away from Terry, Interim coaches rarely work out. Wichita State fired the guy who cleaned up its mess. Held the team together and got them in to the tournament the first year. Then flame out. Mike Davis at Indiana is another example.

My thought process is if the interim coach isn't the guy when you name him as the replacement. Then move on.

It was also mentioned Texas has monopoly money. What if they can get Calipari, Billy Donovan or someone like them? Who would you want if your are Texas? Terry or Donovan?
Donovan would kick butt there.

May could probably **** around long enough to wait out Woodson and get Indiana.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I can’t imagine a member of the Miller family being a huge dick. It just doesn’t make sense!
Man, when you posted this, I couldn’t help but wonder if our university would have given Heather the blessing, and he’d be here, that he wouldn’t do the same thing. And of course he would…

Xavier is a good job, play in an NBA arena and support their program. They brought Miller “home” when he was an outcast hanging in the wind.

What a scumbag if true.

Man, when you posted this, I couldn’t help but wonder if our university would have given Heather the blessing, and he’d be here, that he wouldn’t do the same thing. And of course he would…

Xavier is a good job, play in an NBA arena and support their program. They brought Miller “home” when he was an outcast hanging in the wind.

What a scumbag if true.
To be fair even if it’s false he’s still a scumbag

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It would’ve been roughly the same. He’s not a good coach.

Texas basketball fired Rick Barnes for Shaka Smart, who they had to fire for Chris Beard, who they had to fire for beating his wife. Do you think Texas Basketball is making sound decisions? I don’t.
They seem to make better basketball coaching decisions than football.

What a scumbag if true.
It would be incredibly jerky for sure. But fitting for this business and that family in particular

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Miller is definitely a scumbag. He's filthy and fits well in a filthy business. His old man is an arrogant prick. Better to stay away from them entirely. Let him go wherever he wants as long as it's not Pitt.

Still waiting for you to provide an actual quote to support this disingenuous claim.

We all know you won’t though. But it’s nice to dream.

Once you understand that he thinks that anyone who doesn't think that Sean Miller is one of the greatest coaches to ever toot a whistle that they must think that he completely sucks it all makes more sense.

Not that his position makes sense, just that you can understand how he reaches his ridiculous conclusions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT