ADVERTISEMENT

Hotels Walking Distance from Stadium Restraunts, & Bars

BuffetParrothead

Heisman Winner
Nov 22, 2015
Help from Panther fans who have experience at this venue?

Identify any hotels in walking distance of Military bowl stadium, restraunts, and bars.Also maybe a hotel where other Panther fans might stay at.

Wife and I are making plans to go so this info would help!

Identify any hotels in walking distance of Military bowl stadium, restraunts, and bars.Also maybe a hotel where other Panther fans might stay at.

I know Annapolis pretty well. Marriott at the dock is a great location in center of town. Several hotels are closer to stadium but all are in walking distance to the stadium. There are numerous B&Bs in town with lots of charm if that is your thing. You can also find houses for rent for weekend stays at stayannapolis.com. Enjoy your stay - Annapolis is a great little town and the Academy is a great campus to visit.

I should add that from city dock you can't throw a stone in any direction without hitting several bars/restaurants.

Last edited:
Driving in since it's about 90 minutes for me. Bought my parking pass already for the stadium lot for 25. For those in the know, are there any sights that I should see prior to the game?

There is plenty to see in Annapolis.

1. It is really going to depend on the weather.
2. You may not be able to get on the grounds of the academy because of security.
3. Plenty of places to eat at the City Dock.
4. The Yellowfin Steak and Fish House on Solomons Island Road (RT. 2) is outstanding as is Cantler's. Both are away from downtown.
5. There a re plenty of hotels that are nearby, but probably not a lot that are walking distance.
6. It is about a 30 minute walk from City dock to the stadium.
7. The upper parking lot (the one on the other side of the stadium from Rowe Blvd.) is quite windy. The lower parking lot is a little better.
8. Take 1 of the boat tours that leaves from the City Dock. There is one that is run by Watermark that goes up the bay to the Bay Bridge and back.

There is plenty to see in Annapolis.

1. It is really going to depend on the weather.
2. You may not be able to get on the grounds of the academy because of security.
3. Plenty of places to eat at the City Dock.
4. The Yellowfin Steak and Fish House on Solomons Island Road (RT. 2) is outstanding as is Cantler's. Both are away from downtown.
5. There a re plenty of hotels that are nearby, but probably not a lot that are walking distance.
6. It is about a 30 minute walk from City dock to the stadium.
7. The upper parking lot (the one on the other side of the stadium from Rowe Blvd.) is quite windy. The lower parking lot is a little better.
8. Take 1 of the boat tours that leaves from the City Dock. There is one that is run by Watermark that goes up the bay to the Bay Bridge and back.

Access to the campus is through the visitor center a block from city dock. All you need is a photo ID.

I am a fast walker so I could make it from the campus to the stadium in under 15 minutes. Your time may vary, especially if you hit the bars before the game.

15-20 minute walk from downtown to the stadium sounds about right, though that was on a perfect October day. Late December may be different.

There are shuttles for Navy home games. Not sure if they do the same for this game.

Google USNA campus images. The chapel is a must see - the crypt has the tomb of John Paul Jones. The naval museum has a lot of neat stuff, from ship models to the history of the Navy.
My father in law spent the whole game in there in 2013. Got a demonstration from director there. Certainly had a better there than I did at the game.

Google USNA campus images. The chapel is a must see - the crypt has the tomb of John Paul Jones. The naval museum has a lot of neat stuff, from ship models to the history of the Navy.
the museum has the original instrument of surrender signed on The Missouri....
The campus if accessible and one has the time is definitely worth it.

If you want to see the campus, make sure that you have valid ID (passport, drivers license). last game vs Navy we were right behind a lady who was denied access due to an expired drivers license.

I will be at The Westin Annapolis, which is approximately .5 miles from the stadium. Downtown Annapolis is a very cute little town with plenty of bars/restaurants. Presume town will be relatively quiet with the Mids on Christmas break. Pitt has traveled very nicely when playing Navy down there. Since it is a bowl game, not sure that Navy will get all the usual drill of marching in, etc....if so, is some real college football pageantry not to be missed. Hail to Pitt!

Is City Dock walkable from the Stadium in late December?

What are the best restaurants in City Dock area?

Thanks in advance...

There are so many bars/restaurants in a 3 block area around city dock that you would have to narrow it down to type/cusine/price range to answer your question. If you like seafood, McGarvey's, Middleton, and Pusser's (part of the Marriott at city dock) are noted for seafood. The Treaty of Paris offers a more traditional American (emphasis on colonial) dining atmosphere. Harry Browne's on State Circle across from the capitol building is a traditional restaurant/bar. O'brien's is a sports pub with pretty good food. Ram's Head (up Main Street and onto West Street on the way to the stadium from the dock) is a brew pub with good food and very good beer. Galway Bay on Maryland Avenue is a more traditional Irish pub without the TV-sports ambience of O'brien's. I have not even scratched the surface of restaurants in downtown Annapolis, let alone a little farther out. Explore and enjoy.

There are so many bars/restaurants in a 3 block area around city dock that you would have to narrow it down to type/cusine/price range to answer your question. If you like seafood, McGarvey's, Middleton, and Pusser's (part of the Marriott at city dock) are noted for seafood. The Treaty of Paris offers a more traditional American (emphasis on colonial) dining atmosphere. Harry Browne's on State Circle across from the capitol building is a traditional restaurant/bar. O'brien's is a sports pub with pretty good food. Ram's Head (up Main Street and onto West Street on the way to the stadium from the dock) is a brew pub with good food and very good beer. Galway Bay on Maryland Avenue is a more traditional Irish pub without the TV-sports ambience of O'brien's. I have not even scratched the surface of restaurants in downtown Annapolis, let alone a little farther out. Explore and enjoy.

Thanks for the advice. Those places look like a fairly long walk from the stadium. Is that true?

Also... Middleton got poor reviews online. Not that that means a lot, but it seems like McGarvey's and Pusser's are more highly regarded.

Thanks for the advice. Those places look like a fairly long walk from the stadium. Is that true?

Also... Middleton got poor reviews online. Not that that means a lot, but it seems like McGarvey's and Pusser's are more highly regarded.

The stadium is a little less than 2 miles from the dock, the first part slightly uphill along historic streets with old homes. It is usually a pleasant walk, although on a cold day after a full meal, maybe less so. All three restaurants you listed are usually packed, especially on weekends and game days. I have never been disappointed with Pusser's Caribbean seafood cuisine,although the place lacks the quaint colonial/historical touches of the other two. I have never been to Middleton.

Second the motion about the Ram's Head. Adam Richman fans might make a pilgrimage to Ruth and Chick's.

Im at double tree up by 50, and they have a shuttle to take you down town if thats where your staying. I was told to check out the federal house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT