ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-snap penalties

Oct 25, 2021
Just seems like another symptom of a ridiculously-fractured system.

We huddle up for what feels like 20 seconds at times, as if these plays are a college student striving to hit a word minimum on a paper, ffs.

We drain the play clock way too often, thereby causing the o-linemen to be down in their stances longer and giving the defense more of an advantage (pretty easy to predict the snap when there's a second left on the play clock).

The receivers are constantly telling each other where they need to be when they line up.

Like, what is this offense if not paralysis by analysis? We have dudes who can make plays, but the overthinking is crippling their abilities.

I still insist we have 6-6/7-5 talent in the awful ACC (Boston College is 6-3, for crying out loud) even with Veilleux, whose best reason for being the starter right now is, "Did ya see the last guy?!" But my goodness - this OC has been a punch bowl spiked with Roundup.

We need to distance ourselves from this dude immediately. Yes, I know the system will still be in place. But you need to let the players and fans know we understand there is a 9-pound tumor protruding from our forehead, and we're not just going to keep walking around with it. We've been more than patient with a dude who could have easily been let go after last season. Didn't look like Arkansas was missing Enos yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT