ADVERTISEMENT

"Houston has won the toss...

and will take the ball."

I don't think I've ever seen a team chose to play offense to start overtime before.
I hate the new OT. If Pitt ever "loses" a game which ended in a tie after 2 OT sessions, I will be sick because that's not a real loss but it counts as one. Its like deciding a basketball game on dueling free throw attempts

It makes sense to me. Score a TD and put pressure on their offense to do same. Plus it reverses in 2nd (and now last normal) OT

I agree but even with a FG or no score at all at least your defense knows exactly what it has to do now.
You are actually trying to suggest it’s easier for your defense to get a stop , when the opponent has 4 downs-to prevent a fg at best to extend the game at home ?’b
You opinion is only shared by likely 1 other person
Who lost as a result .
Offense has the advantage in OT
Defense doesn’t

I think someone on the Texas message board said Holgie has done it three times this season.

That is so damned stupid that it's borderline fireable.

It is obviously better to know if you need to score a touchdown or not. It's obviously better to know if you need to be going for it on 4th and 3 or if kicking a field goal is enough to either extend or win the game. It would be interesting to hear his justification for doing something that is so obviously wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT