ADVERTISEMENT

How are we offering this?

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001

So does this mean all those who said there are or will be many just like Hayes in the portal were whistling past the graveyard?

Hayes and DeShields were both among the top Spring transfers (I get it - less overall quality than the Fall transfers, but still). Hayes is visiting USC and Colorado so far. Only on this board do those losses - as well as Jules and Okunlola - not sting.

Also think Camon is leaving, so I'm sure this particular addition would just be a warm body.

Reactions: pittmeister
Because Pitt can afford him? Because Pitt needs a warm body for depth? Because Pitt feels they have a chance of landing him? Because he has on field experience?

None of those reasons are good, but thems the facts...

Because Pitt can afford him? Because Pitt needs a warm body for depth? Because Pitt feels they have a chance of landing him? Because he has on field experience?

None of those reasons are good, but thems the facts...

Maybe we are trying to get our foot in the door in McKeesport. We have gotten a player from there since the 70s I think.

Reactions: columbus mike
Hayes and DeShields were both among the top Spring transfers (I get it - less overall quality than the Fall transfers, but still). Hayes is visiting USC and Colorado so far. Only on this board do those losses - as well as Jules and Okunlola - not sting.

Also think Camon is leaving, so I'm sure this particular addition would just be a warm body.
These are the kinda of guys that need to leave...

You compete by not doing stupid things. That’s one way. 🙄

Not too crazy about the offer to the 5-10 175 sub receiver from Colorado either.

How many midget receivers do you need?

Bell has already brought in 3 of those. We need another?

Last edited:
Did this guy ever dress at Illinois?

Not too crazy about the offer to the 5-10 175 sub receiver from Colorado either.

I'm assuming we know a few of them are about to leave. Otherwise, I agree. Seems like we have the market pretty well-cornered on small receivers who look like they should be in the MAC.

Did this guy ever dress at Illinois?

Does Mark Scarpinato have any eligibility left, or is he out of our price range? James Conner would be a two-way starter this season.

My goodness we're awful.

Blue & Gold Smurfs! I love it!

OK with this one

The way we're offering receivers and linebackers has me believing some more bad news is on the horizon. Johnson? Bass? Just assuming the worse at this point.

Obviously we could do some trimming at those position units (Che, for instance), but we still have a lot of bodies at both.

The way we're offering receivers and linebackers has me believing some more bad news is on the horizon. Johnson? Bass? Just assuming the worse at this point.

Obviously we could do some trimming at those position units (Che, for instance), but we still have a lot of bodies at both.

Maybe the receiver performance in the spring was the bad news?

Peak’s January/February podcasts weren’t the most optimistic about the WR core, both in regards to what was returning and the transfers brought in.

Maybe some guys are being shown the door?

Peak’s January/February podcasts weren’t the most optimistic about the WR core, both in regards to what was returning and the transfers brought in.

Bell is the one that brought in 2 transfer and 1 freshman receiver.

Mumpfield, Renyolds and Johnson are fine.

I like Seymour, have hope for Polk and they seem to prefer Fowler over both.

Probably a couple have to go, but I can not see bringing on anyone else except a bonafide star.

Probably a couple have to go, but I can not see bringing on anyone else except a bonafide star.
We do not need guys with zero stats

We do not need guys with zero stats

It's likely we are offering a WR because a couple of WR's are leaving.

I mean we have Johnson, Mumpfield, Reynolds, Seymour, Montero, Polk, Che, Zowler-El, and brought in Williams and Lee. That's an ass load of bodies. If they all suck that badly then Pitt fans need to stfu when we announce today's commit is a 5.5 3-star with offers from effing G5 schools and the scourge of the P4.

I mean we have Johnson, Mumpfield, Reynolds, Seymour, Montero, Polk, Che, Zowler-El, and brought in Williams and Lee. That's an ass load of bodies. If they all suck that badly then Pitt fans need to stfu when we announce today's commit is a 5.5 3-star with offers from effing G5 schools and the scourge of the P4.
And:

And:

Whoops. He was standing behind Doc from the Seven Dwarves and I missed him.

Reactions: gary2

Whom else was Bell going to bring in in such a short window?

Peak talked about how most of the WRs in the two deep are transfers.

And none are transfers that started off at P5 schools. They all were originally closer to Alabama A&M than they were Alabama.

And he asked a fairly simple question: how many of those types of guys hit?

I wouldn’t be shocked if Bell looked at the WR room and thought, “This is a G5/FCS level room.” Because those are the actual players occupying it.

Yeah, but they are just bodies.

WR offers can’t be an indication of a lack of numbers. As you said “ass load.”

So either some teams are coming calling for WRs and the staff is preparing for guys to be bought away, or the staff thinks the room has too many JAGs and some guys need to be shown the door to hopefully make room for higher upside guys.

If it’s the former, I can’t even think who are these WRs that would be in such high demand? Which WR does the average P4 team not have a cupboard stocked with already?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT