ADVERTISEMENT

How low was the Steelers' offer if Boyd Signed for $4.5 at Tennessee?

God I really hate this mindset. What’s the point? Lots of coaches would get sucked up in 3 seconds. Doesn’t mean it’s not time for a change. Mike Sullivan with the penguins is very similar in that regard.
When reading that post, my thought was exactly the same as what you just wrote, I just didn’t take the time to post it.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
God I really hate this mindset. What’s the point? Lots of coaches would get sucked up in 3 seconds. Doesn’t mean it’s not time for a change. Mike Sullivan with the penguins is very similar in that regard.

What makes it time for a change in Tomlin's case?

If the Steelers let him go, he'd be unemployed for maybe 3 seconds, max. But your answer does point to one reason that people go off on him.
That's irrelevant to the idea of changing coaches, sometimes a situation is stale and changing even a great coach could jumpstart a team, TB fired Dungy, then Chucky won them a Super Bowl, in that case firing a hall of fame coach was a positive.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
What makes it time for a change in Tomlin's case?
I go back and forth. Right now it kinda appears to me that while drafting and player identification was something that he’s embraced and been partly responsible for, it’s starting to appear that maybe Colbert was the one we should be pointing at because the last two drafts appear to be good ones. So I’m willing to give him a couple more years now unless the message appears stale. Perhaps he should get the benefit of the doubt because we simply haven’t had the talent.

The sheer utter hatred that some here have for Tomlin is, uh, interesting.
I was just thinking the same about the hatred some Penguin fans have for Mike Sullivan who’s won 2 Stanley Cups?
Maybe Yinzers are racist against people named Mike.
Or is that not what you meant?

I was just thinking the same about the hatred some Penguin fans have for Mike Sullivan who’s won 2 Stanley Cups?
Maybe Yinzers are racist against people named Mike.
Or is that not what you meant?
Maybe Yinzers are like most other team/city fans…….what have you done for me lately….you’re only as good as your last at bat…..you get the drift.

Reactions: Pitt79
Maybe Yinzers are like most other team/city fans…….what have you done for me lately….you’re only as good as your last at bat…..you get the drift.
I think that's true in certain situations. Pens have enslaved themselves to three players whose salaries and personalities create problems. Steelers have just mismanaged or misevaluated talent way too often. Both have remained decent and that makes it harder to bring the axe down but how long do you wait?

Sullivan's not the main problem. As noted above, the Pens have too many dollars allocated to too many old guys. I understand why they did it, I guess, but this team is going nowhere until they get some retirements and they rebuild. Scotty Bowman, Mike Babcock, and the ghost of Toe Blake together isn't enough to help this team.

Sullivan will ultimately take the fall, because that is the easiest thing to do, but none of this past season, nor the terror that likely will come next season, is his fault.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT