ADVERTISEMENT

How many games did Pitt play at Three Rivers Stadium?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
How many games did Pitt play at Three Rivers Stadium? If my memory works, I believe: 1974 vs Penn State, 1975 vs Penn State, 1976 vs Penn State, 1982 vs North Carolina, 1999 vs West Virginia, and the entire 2000 season.

Were there others? Thank you in advance.

if you guys watch the movie "lethal weapon" the first one. A scene early in the movie, Riggs is in his camper and in the background is a tv with a football game on. i kid you not, i swear i think it's a Pitt vs Penn state football game at 3 rivers..

now i could be wrong of course, lethal weapon was filmed in 86, released in 97 and the only game would be a marino game from 4 years earlier but damned if i swear that's not #13 in the background..

but yeah, no clue on your orginal question.

^ That was the 1977 snow game where Cavanaugh basically gave the game to Penn State. The play shown in Lethal Weapon is one of his interceptions, in the end zone no less

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
^ That was the 1977 snow game where Cavanaugh basically gave the game to Penn State. The play shown in Lethal Weapon is one of his interceptions, in the end zone no less
lol, great call. thank you. i was trying to look it up on youtube but had no luck. def a snow game and an interception..

Reactions: Pitt8189
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT