ADVERTISEMENT

How many playoff games will Steelers win in the next 5 years

How many playoff wins will the Steelers have over the next 5 years (counting this year)

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • 1-2

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • 2-3

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Steelers have won 3 playoff games in 10 years, and the door is about to shut on this era without any more. Unless they win with this team this year, it seems to me that the Steelers will not win another playoff game for at least another 5 years. So we will be looking at 3 playoff wins over 15 years...and likely closer to 3 playoff wins over a 20 year period.
What say you?

Reactions: Dan1911
I said one to two. I would be very surprised if it was three playoff wins over a 20 year period, as you alluded to. After all, the least amount of playoff wins they’ve had in a single decade since the NFL-AFL merger was two.

My opinion: They squeak one out in the next year or two and they go through a “reloading” phase that involves bringing fresh blood onto the roster and finding their next QB. Assuming the offense is retooled and the defense doesn’t fall off a cliff I’d imagine they’ll become more competitive toward the back end of those five years.

Think of it as the stretch from 2000-2004. A lot pieces are already in place for the “next phase” of the Steelers football. Just my opinion, though. We shall see...

Steelers have won 3 playoff games in 10 years

To add to this, between 2011 and 2019 the Steelers only have playoff wins in two seasons. This team has massively underachieved over the past decade. They're also on the verge of their third straight late-season collapse.

To add to this, between 2011 and 2019 the Steelers only have playoff wins in two seasons. This team has massively underachieved over the past decade. They're also on the verge of their third straight late-season collapse.
These late season collapses bother me so much. I mean if you finish off the regular season in a slump with poor play, you enter the playoffs as a team that has no rhythm or anything. And you end up dropping easy playoff wins.

I blame Tim Tebow. How the hell did we lose to Tim Tebow.

Reactions: Dan1911
These late season collapses bother me so much. I mean if you finish off the regular season in a slump with poor play, you enter the playoffs as a team that has no rhythm or anything. And you end up dropping easy playoff wins.

I blame Tim Tebow. How the hell did we lose to Tim Tebow.
We came into that game with a few injuries and then during that game had about four more people injured. Three of them on defense.

They will win more than 5.

The window (5 years) is too wide.

Five years gives an NFL team (particularly one that knows how to build), ample time to get to the playoffs.

5 years from now, the Steelers will have a seasoned high end QB and will be competitive.

Now, if you had asked how many playoff wins in the next years I would answer maybe 2.

Maybe.

2021 and 2022 are going to be very Bubby Bristerlike.

I see more than 5 wins. This defense is positioned to be very good for that period of time. The biggest need in offseason is RB (which is ironically looked at as an expendable position in NFL). Steelers are very ordinary there. Love Connor but he just doesn’t have the burst. Same with Snell. Steelers will be looking for the next Ben. There’s a lot of overreaction to these last 3 games but he is clearly on the downhill. Hoping he has another 1-2 years after this season.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
They will win more than 5.

The window (5 years) is too wide.

Five years gives an NFL team (particularly one that knows how to build), ample time to get to the playoffs.

5 years from now, the Steelers will have a seasoned high end QB and will be competitive.

Now, if you had asked how many playoff wins in the next years I would answer maybe 2.

Maybe.

2021 and 2022 are going to be very Bubby Bristerlike.
Bristerlike? No way.

I sure hope there is one win this season, but it all depends how quickly the Steelers get a QB and hit on their next two draft classes. It is crazy how quickly the years can pass between playoff wins. The Patriots didn’t even win one in a three-year period between 2008-10.

they obviously need more talent in the RB room but they need to rebuild that OL badly. That’s priority one imo (not counting qb)

they obviously need more talent in the RB room but they need to rebuild that OL badly. That’s priority one imo (not counting qb)
The offensive line may even take priority ahead of the QB. You look around and see teams ruining these young quarterbacks because they don’t have anything around them. By the time they finally get some help, they’re broken. Hopefully once Big Ben retires, they can retool the rest of the roster to the point where all they need is a QB, similar to how it was in 2004.

Reactions: rhyno527
The offensive line may even take priority ahead of the QB. You look around and see teams ruining these young quarterbacks because they don’t have anything around them. By the time they finally get some help, they’re broken. Hopefully once Big Ben retires, they can retool the rest of the roster to the point where all they need is a QB, similar to how it was in 2004.

A recent mock draft has them taking Landon Dickerson/ Bama as a guard.

Not sexy, but I agree.

OL improvement is necessary.

A recent mock draft has them taking Landon Dickerson/ Bama as a guard.

Not sexy, but I agree.

OL improvement is necessary.
Supposedly he’s one of the best interior linemen in this draft. Him and Dotson would make a nice duo moving forward. Then, they can decide which of the three tackles (Feiler, Okorafor, Banner) to keep at RT, leaving only Pouncey and Villanueva’s successors to be addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT