ADVERTISEMENT

How much money would a Pitt win cost the ACC?

Clemson could and should still get in with a loss to Pitt. They would still be clearly better than any other one loss team.
The B10 spin would be in full press mode. Even though their darling OSU got housed by a 6-6 Purdue team.

Who would be the second ACC team to get a NY6 bowl if Clemson loses?

The B10 spin would be in full press mode. Even though their darling OSU got housed by a 6-6 Purdue team.
The Buckeyes haven’t been very impressive this year save for the Michigan game. They could lose to Northwestern for all we know.

Reactions: McKee Place
What's the bonus for getting a team in the CFP and championship games?

SMF

Great discussion. What does PITT do with money they get from what practically is an extra bowl game. I'm interested at the pregame at Baseball Park. Heather will be center staged.

Besides money for expenses, what extra money do you think Pitt is getting from Saturday?
If they're taking a bus whatever they can find on the floor at the bus terminal on the way home.
If they're flying the change left over in the plastic bins at the end of the scanner line in airport security.
I found .75 once all good American money.

SMF

Great discussion. What does PITT do with money they get from what practically is an extra bowl game. I'm interested at the pregame at Baseball Park. Heather will be center staged.

These things aren't money makers for the schools. Most of that money would go towards sending the band, having alumni and fan tailgates and events, etc, etc.

NY6 bowl games go by CFP rankings. I can't imagine there is any path for Pitt to finish in the top 16 when they aren't ranked at all.

All the Power Five champs are automatically in NY6 if they're not already in the playoffs. The top Group of Five team is automatically in as well if they're not already in the playoffs.

I was just curious from a referee's standpoint. A game-changing bad call could cost the league millions and their job.

College football should move to the basketball model and have regional refs that cover multiple conferences. Mix it up more. Even if it just feeds conspiracy theories and isn't reality (or maybe it is, who knows?), there is too much perception about single league refs favoring flagship programs.

College football should move to the basketball model and have regional refs that cover multiple conferences. Mix it up more. Even if it just feeds conspiracy theories and isn't reality (or maybe it is, who knows?), there is too much perception about single league refs favoring flagship programs.

The funny thing about that is that most people think that basketball should move to the football model of officiating to keep the refs from working too many games so they can make more money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT