ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley Update

IDK care either way about the Hugley debate.

But if you watch OK they have a really nice backcourt. Oweh is a tank on the wing and shoots a crazy 66%. McCollum is maybe 150 pounds soaking wet and it’s hard to get physical with him because this kid is a blur, legit blow bye speed. Nice transfer get for them out of Siena.

Pitt really could use a 2 rebound zero point. Night when they play UNC
Man, he was bad last night. It’s only one game of course, but watching that game last night was really difficult if you were hoping to see big John make some positive contributions. I was going to post about it during the first half, but then figured I’d fall asleep and wake up to find out he had a strong 2nd half. Well, that’s not the case. He had 0 points and was being exploited defensively by UNC in the first half, and I see he did nothing after halftime and he finished with 0 points.

I remember he had a pretty big game against UNC when Pitt beat them a few years ago. Looked it up - 18 pts. Not so much last night.

I
I remember he had a pretty big game against UNC when Pitt beat them a few years ago. Looked it up - 18 pts. Not so much last night.
I watched his game last night. As already
said by others...he was bad, in fact real
bad. At times he looked out of sync,
especilly on offense. He was often
just standing there, looking where to
go. 0 pts, 2 rebounds. He's nowhere
near the player he was a few years
ago. I wasn't all that impressed with
him back then, but I have to admit,
I thought he'd develop. Right now he's
regressed. It's good for Pitt that he's
no longer here. I hope he gets his act
together and gets on an improvement
track.

Last edited:
I’m not defending Ethan Morton. The argument was always Will Jeffress v Morton. Morton has played a role on great teams. Jeffress hasn’t.

By "role" do you mean sucking at college basketball? The dude's best skill is scoring and he's averaging .7 ppg as a senior.

By "role" do you mean sucking at college basketball? The dude's best skill is scoring and he's averaging .7 ppg as a senior.
He’s gotten minutes in a program that obviously values his contributions (sorry I’ll trust Matt Painter over poster JoeyDavid) that has been one of the 7-8 best programs in the country during his time there. The only year Pitt was good with Jeffress was when he was unavailable. It’s not remotely close. Insert quarter, try again.

He’s gotten minutes in a program that obviously values his contributions (sorry I’ll trust Matt Painter over poster JoeyDavid) that has been one of the 7-8 best programs in the country during his time there. The only year Pitt was good with Jeffress was when he was unavailable. It’s not remotely close. Insert quarter, try again.

Will Jeffress > Ethan Morton

You provide plenty of value to the board, you’re allowed to miss sometimes

In the same way Hugley sucks, Morton sucks

Will Jeffress > Ethan Morton

You provide plenty of value to the board, you’re allowed to miss sometimes

In the same way Hugley sucks, Morton sucks
He started on a #1 seed. Will Jeffress has never done anything of value for a good team? This is like picking the shiniest turd, but I’ll trust Matt Painter that he brings value somehow to that team that he keeps playing him.

He started on a #1 seed. Will Jeffress has never done anything of value for a good team? This is like picking the shiniest turd, but I’ll trust Matt Painter that he brings value somehow to that team that he keeps playing him.

We agree on something. Morton has gotten playing time on an elite team for years. He is therefore light years better than Jeffress

I’d choose Jeffress for this year based on his defense. But Morton has had a better career. But they were both wildly overrated and disappointing

I put Jeffress on Judah tomorrow. Try to hold him to 12-14. Make him finish over length and keep his ass off the foul line. He has that old Xavier Johnson driving drunk into the lane but gets bailed out by foul calls often.

Such a dumb argument to attempt to make a silly point. Soph Will Jefress could easily score 3.8X Sr Morton's .7 ppg while rebounding and playing better defense on Purdue's team. Painter obviously agrees that Morton is at best low volume minute eater at the P5 level. Weird argument given the facts.

Such a dumb argument to attempt to make a silly point. Soph Will Jefress could easily score 3.8X Sr Morton's .7 ppg while rebounding and playing better defense on Purdue's team. Painter obviously agrees that Morton is at best low volume minute eater at the P5 level. Weird argument given the facts.
Given the facts that one has actually played and started on an elite team and one has been on a terrible team and the only good year was when he was injured? I mean THOSE are the facts.

Saying Will Jeffress would play at all on Purdue is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Saying he would play better defense within Purdue’s system is an opinion. Saying Will Jeffress would score however many points in Purdue’s system is an opinion.

The facts are Morton has played and started for an elite team. Jeffress hasn’t. Those are the FACTS. Elite level L for you.

I’d choose Jeffress for this year based on his defense. But Morton has had a better career. But they were both wildly overrated and disappointing

Ethan Morton is averaging .7 points per game, shooting 15% from the field, is shooting 40% from the free throw line and 22% from 3. He has attempted 13 total shots in 11 games. Ethan Morton has 1 responsibility at the college level. Come into the game, protect the basketball and not turn it over. I mean, congrats to the kid for accepting the role of coming into the game to do nothing except protect the ball and pass as fast as possible. This is essentially the same role as the 11th man on Duke.

You pumping this kid is the equivalent of someone pumping Yuri Demetris for winning back to back Big East Championships while averaging 1 point per game at Pitt. Purdue would be in the NIT without Zach Edey, and literally everyone knows it except you. They have 1 bonafied 7'5 300lb superstar Center that destroys every college team and Ethan Morton is doing nothing more than riding his coatailes like Yuri Demetris, a player no Pitt fan gives a dam about.

Jeffress still has two more seasons after this year, which is crazy to think about. He probably won’t ever live up to the fringe top 100 billing, but if he can be a real pain in the ass as a defender for three seasons on top of being a good locker room piece and a high academic kid, he’ll go down as an overall win. Not saying Morton isn’t.

Given the facts that one has actually played and started on an elite team and one has been on a terrible team and the only good year was when he was injured? I mean THOSE are the facts.

Saying Will Jeffress would play at all on Purdue is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Saying he would play better defense within Purdue’s system is an opinion. Saying Will Jeffress would score however many points in Purdue’s system is an opinion.

The facts are Morton has played and started for an elite team. Jeffress hasn’t. Those are the FACTS. Elite level L for you.

Morton's "elite" Purdue season ended with.... (checking notes) a loss to a 2nd place NEC team in the tournament.

Let's use your illogical logic, In Morton's only season as starter ended with Purdue’s most embarrassing loss in their history. Brilliant.

Morton's "elite" Purdue season ended with.... (checking notes) a loss to a 2nd place NEC team in the tournament.

Let's use your illogical logic, In Morton's only season as starter ended with Purdue’s most embarrassing loss in their history. Brilliant.
They won the big ten regular season and big ten tournament titles. So in his only season as a starter, they won *checks notes* 2 conference titles.

I’m being serious when I ask this, are you ok? Blink twice if you need help

They won the big ten regular season and big ten tournament titles. So in his only season as a starter, they won *checks notes* 2 conference titles.

I’m being serious when I ask this, are you ok? Blink twice if you need help

Lol. For all of media hype the B1G was trash. Hence their champ's inability to beat the 2nd place NEC team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT