ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley

Hughley's high school high lights he looks pretty good and in shape. Hope he's feeling well and can get back in shape. Maybe he ll come back and be a part of the team next season.

Reactions: alsporsche
Hopefully he is back… but we’re spoiled with Fede and the Twins

While the twins need strength their length and agility offer something that Hugley being a below the rim player just can’t bring to the court

Hopefully he is back… but we’re spoiled with Fede and the Twins

While the twins need strength their length and agility offer something that Hugley being a below the rim player just can’t bring to the court
And Hughley brings the power that the other 3 lack. He also may be a better 3 point shooter than the twins right now. This is not directed at you but I don’t understand those that are so willing to dismiss Hughley. If he is in a right frame of mind and body, the team becomes more versatile and harder to beat next year.

I still think he leaves and honestly I would rather he didn't come back. He'll want to be the main guy again, wanting every possession to go through him. No thanks.

You want him to not come back? That’s ok that’s your opinion.

But speculating on what he’ll want and implying he’ll have certain (selfish) expectations is BS. You don’t know anything about him. (Neither do I for the record).

You want him to not come back? That’s ok that’s your opinion.

But speculating on what he’ll want and implying he’ll have certain (selfish) expectations is BS. You don’t know anything about him. (Neither do I for the record).
Omg how dare I opine on a Pitt message board about a player who for his time at Pitt was the main focal point of bad Pitt basketball teams!!

If Big John is willing to assume the appropriate role upon returning we would clearly welcome him with open arms. If not then we have some issues.

Reactions: Chaos
If Big John is willing to assume the appropriate role upon returning we would clearly welcome him with open arms. If not then we have some issues.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer to Cleveland State. I'm assuming his girlfriend and kid live back home and he can go there and be dominant. And Cleveland State is a good mid-major. Given his off-court stuff, I dont see him being highly sought after by good P5s unless he's willing to accept a lesser role.

If he were to come back, he'd have to back up Fede and play 10-15 MPG unless somehow Capel went with a double big lineup and that usually doesnt work in college basketball.

Less than 10 - 15MPG. He'd be a backup, maybe 3 - 5 MPG. But I hope he gets the help and continues to get the help he needs. That's much more important than if or where or how much he plays next year.

careful, youll get labeled as negative like me.
It's just what I saw over and over.
My dad engrained in me to hate whiners and that's what I saw.
It's loser shit on a team.
Of course state your case to the refs every now but the putting the head down and pouting and not getting back on D.
You can't have it.
At all.

I have no idea about his
current attitude, and his
wilingness to come back,
put the past behind him,
and start over. IMO threre
is nothing to suggest that
he will or can do this.

But seriously, what do any
of us really know about
what he can or can't do
relative to his current and
future situation. This is part
of Capel's job description.
These are his players, and
he has a responsibility to
his players. BTW, Big John
also has a responsibility.
A responsibility to his team,
the program, and his coach.
Let's see how this plays out.

I guess if you ignore 2.5 years of evidence with him and .5 years without him of evidence you are correct.

Just based on his inability to play defense makes the case against him. He was never able to play defense. And that's a requirement to be on this Pitt team now. Look at how much better we are on defense without him. And that translates into better offense.

What are you talking about ?
Who ever said that ?
Not being afraid to speak truth to people is not beating them up
No you said beating them up. Why don't you try remembering some of the nonsense you spew for a change.

No idea if he'll be back or not, and if he does come back, whether he'll start or come off the bench or whether he'll be effective. But I recall a lotta people bullish about him after a 15/8 campaign in 21-22. Hard to argue that 21-22 Hugley wouldn't be value add to this team, and it would be a great story if he was able to get back to that level. Whatever the case, I hope he finds the best place for him to get right and fulfill his potential, and if that's Pitt, would welcome him back with open arms.

Welp there's lots of idiots then. And by the way. We are better without him.
You’re right about that ! ( the first part )

There’s only one way to find out and that’s when not if he returns next season .

Depending when this season ends not having a strong inside presence will be the cause of them losing .

You’re right about that ! ( the first part )

There’s only one way to find out and that’s when not if he returns next season .

Depending when this season ends not having a strong inside presence will be the cause of them losing .
Federico is a better strong inside presence on the end it matters
On the defensive end
I mean you have to be delusional if you don’t think a taller , more athletic , and better shot blocking and rebounder in Federico isn’t a stronger inside presence

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT