ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll say it once. Narduzzi is trash

He's just an averageish coach who was lucky enough to follow a bunch of dudes who didn't want to be here. We gave him enough time to have one lucky season out of 9.

Again, there's a reason nobody tried to poach him after 2021 and he still wasn't showing up near the top of these "Best ACC Coaches" lists. Everyone knows what he is: a lucky turd. And we're all about to circle around the drain with him for the next five year. RIP, Pitt Football.

He's just an averageish coach who was lucky enough to follow a bunch of dudes who didn't want to be here. We gave him enough time to have one lucky season out of 9.

Again, there's a reason nobody tried to poach him after 2021 and he still wasn't showing up near the top of these "Best ACC Coaches" lists. Everyone knows what he is: a lucky turd. And we're all about to circle around the drain with him for the next five year. RIP, Pitt Football.
That's absolutely a telling indication of what people in the profession think about him. The guy wins the ACC one time and NOBODY comes calling despite the fact that every year there are numerous head coach openings. Average game day coach and average recruiter. The extension HL gave him was a travesty.

But hey on the bright side volleyball is looking good.

Cruzer

5-7 and he's gone. Maybe Heather too. The new AD can buy out of the Wisconsin series.

He doesn't have an agent. Where would another school go to go to poach him? Most coaches that are poached, make it well known through back channels that they want to be poached.

Has anyone tried to poach Matt Campbell?

Narduzzi has done a nice job at Pitt. I don't know what category Pitt fits in when it comes to the have & have nots of P5 college football, probably somewhere in the middle. It's without a doubt not a have though.

And brought in 2 dolts from BC. Ineptitude at its best.

Reactions: W1np1tt
Kenny Pickett truly was a blessing and a curse to Pitt football. Without that 1 year, Narduzzi is likely on his way out right now after a 3-9 season. Narduzzi is a coach way more likely to hit his floor again (3 wins) than reach his peak again (11 wins)

I've said for a while now, Narduzzi is the king of the averages, prettiest fat girl at the prom. Now I'm not so sure. None of the other average coaches ever tanked a season like this so late in their career here. Walt had a 2 win season in year 2 but was still cleaning up the mess of Majors. Heck even Chryst recovered in year 1 from a terrible start to reach a bowl game.

3-9 is Foge territory, This was a really bad season and changes my opinion. I guess we'll see what happens next year but looking like Walt might be the new prom queen.

PN had a bad year. I remember people here ripping on Pry earlier in the season, or in preseason, and turned out he did a hell of a job at VT this year with a very pedestrian roster. I imagine he makes less than PN right now. I don't think they will get rid of PN yet, but sometimes a fresh young mind is needed.

(Did not mean to imply that we would go after Pry. Just mentioned him as a new over-achiever. It can happen.)

Reactions: Saboteur II
PN had a bad year. I remember people here ripping on Pry earlier in the season, or in preseason, and turned out he did a hell of a job at VT this year with a very pedestrian roster. I imagine he makes less than PN right now. I don't think they will get rid of PN yet, but sometimes a fresh young mind is needed.

(Did not mean to imply that we would go after Pry. Just mentioned him as a new over-achiever. It can happen.)

6-6 at Virginia Tech will never be anything to tip one's cap at. Fuentes was having better seasons than that while the program was a train wreck hemorrhaging transfers every year.

I get that expectations were low, but the ACC is also laughable.

6-6 at Virginia Tech will never be anything to tip one's cap at. Fuentes was having better seasons than that while the program was a train wreck hemorrhaging transfers every year.

still not getting the laughable part. FSU & Clemson are good. How is the rest of the ACC more laughable than the big 10 outside of their big 3?

Reactions: Parkview57
still not getting the laughable part. FSU & Clemson are good. How is the rest of the ACC more laughable than the big 10 outside of their big 3?

Okay, but they actually have a big three. You can't subtract that. Like, they have three Florida States (Penn State might be a slight step down). Our second best team is Louisville, which may or may not beat Iowa.

Virginia Tech was 1-3 outside the ACC and 5-3 in it.

Okay, but they actually have a big three. You can't subtract that. Like, they have three Florida States (Penn State might be a slight step down). Our second best team is Louisville, which may or may not beat Iowa.

Who gives a shit ?
This rah rah conference dick measuring is for losers

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

it is really hard to evaluate conferences outside of the playoffs. Bowl games now are meaningless, I guess looking at OOC results are the next best thing.

I think PSU would probably lose at Clemson, and handle Louisville at home. So the top 3 Big 10 is better than the top 3 ACC (FSU, Clemson, Louisville), but not by that much.

After they settled on their QB

it is really hard to evaluate conferences outside of the playoffs. Bowl games now are meaningless, I guess looking at OOC results are the next best thing.

I think PSU would probably lose at Clemson, and handle Louisville at home. So the top 3 Big 10 is better than the top 3 ACC (FSU, Clemson, Louisville), but not by that much.

PSU beat every team outside of Michigan and OSU handily. I don't know if anyone came within two touchdowns of them. Their defense is legit, and they're way better than Clemson. It's not close; they would make short work of Duke, NC State, etc.

PSU beat every team outside of Michigan and OSU handily. I don't know if anyone came within two touchdowns of them. Their defense is legit, and they're way better than Clemson. It's not close; they would make short work of Duke, NC State, etc.

agree, maybe we'll see that in bowl, PSU-Clemson, although I guess Louisville is next in line for the bigger bowl. PSU Clemson would be one of the better bowls. Although PSU seems to play more aggressively in bowls rather than crawling in a shell like they do for Michigan and OSU

For a first year with a crap roster, I'm pretty sure they are satisfied, even if all they get is a crappy bowl.

agree, maybe we'll see that in bowl, PSU-Clemson, although I guess Louisville is next in line for the bigger bowl. PSU Clemson would be one of the better bowls. Although PSU seems to play more aggressively in bowls rather than crawling in a shell like they do for Michigan and OSU
I'm not as down on Franklin as others here, but he is the Michigan and OSU problem. The moment is just too big for him. Rosters and assistants come and go, but he and the losses are the constants.

Just wondering, name one college coach that you consider to be good, who would stay at Pitt after they won 10 games here? They'd be gone before the bowl game of that year.
Perhaps is US, the fans of Pitt football who are, as you say, the "lucky turd" for having a man of honor, respect and integrity being the Head Coach of the football program.
Quite frankly, getting rid of Narduzzi right now would be foolish.

That pad bothers me way more than it should. The TV camera is really good at catching him jotting notes, which tells me he’s constantly writing in it.
Not constantly, but he jots down notes several times a game.

The only other college coach I can recall caught on camera more frequently taking notes was Jackie Sherrill.

And wouldn't you know it, I did a Google search of his daughter, because I knew she was a musician, but had forgot her name, but is Bonnie Bishop pictured with her stepdad (and his notepad)

Just wondering, name one college coach that you consider to be good, who would stay at Pitt after they won 10 games here? They'd be gone before the bowl game of that year.
Perhaps is US, the fans of Pitt football who are, as you say, the "lucky turd" for having a man of honor, respect and integrity being the Head Coach of the football program.
Quite frankly, getting rid of Narduzzi right now would be foolish.

College football is not the race to the top it used to be. Coaches are more content than ever to make a lot of money without unreasonable expectations from boosters.

Lance Leipold, Jeff Brohm, Dave Clawson, Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, Kyle Whittingham, Gary Patterson, Frank Beamer, Mike Gundy... you think these guys don't/haven't had other jobs offers after achieving success at programs equal or lesser than Pitt? Tell me why you think that. Cause I can link plenty of articles with their names mentioned in job searches. Are you just going to claim they're all BS?

PSU is good. But the middle of the ACC is a lot better than what PSU plays. They would beat Duke (with Leonard) UNC, NC St, GT, etc but there's a chance they could lose. There's no chance they lose to B10 JV squads

PSU is good. But the middle of the ACC is a lot better than what PSU plays. They would beat Duke (with Leonard) UNC, NC St, GT, etc but there's a chance they could lose. There's no chance they lose to B10 JV squads

No they really are the same.

Purdue 24 - VT 17
Maryland 42 - UVA 14
UNC 31 - Minnesota 13
Duke 38 - Northwestern 14
Louisville 21 - Indiana 14
Rutgers 35 - VT 16
Syracuse 35 - Purdue 20

Just a bunch of bad teams that would play to something close to a stalemate in a round robin format.

College football is not the race to the top it used to be. Coaches are more content than ever to make a lot of money without unreasonable expectations from boosters.

Lance Leipold, Jeff Brohm, Dave Clawson, Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, Kyle Whittingham, Gary Patterson, Frank Beamer, Mike Gundy... you think these guys don't/haven't had other jobs offers after achieving success at programs equal or lesser than Pitt? Tell me why you think that. Cause I can link plenty of articles with their names mentioned in job searches. Are you just going to claim they're all BS?

Pitt isn't exactly known for reasonable expectations though. Walt & Wanny' were both booted after 8 win seasons in the year they won a share of the Big East title. Walt was ACC Coach of the year when he was fired.

Pitt isn't exactly known for reasonable expectations though. Walt & Wanny' were both booted after 8 win seasons in the year they won a share of the Big East title. Walt was ACC Coach of the year when he was fired.

They also extended Narduzzi after a 5-7 season, so I tend to think every individual case was different. Wannstedt's undoing, besides the off the field stuff, was his inability to find a quarterback. Narduzzi appears to be treading dangerously down that path.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT