ADVERTISEMENT

I am gonna say this- as a

Evenattheturn

Freshman
Jan 16, 2013
Person that was a coach at the highest high school level for many years,who watches many games,who connects with many old coaches from the. 50’s to the present,etc- Capel is one damn fine coach. You all want to bitch when things don’t go well-but be fortunate that we have him. If you look at Carolina,you will see what bad coaching can do to absolutely great talent. If Pitt can return the players on the roster,you will need throat spray this time next year to sing the praises of Jeff Capel.

Person that was a coach at the highest high school level for many years,who watches many games,who connects with many old coaches from the. 50’s to the present,etc- Capel is one damn fine coach. You all want to bitch when things don’t go well-but be fortunate that we have him. If you look at Carolina,you will see what bad coaching can do to absolutely great talent. If Pitt can return the players on the roster,you will need throat spray this time next year to sing the praises of Jeff Capel.
I agree

Reactions: Saboteur II
Carolina? The #1 seed?

Reactions: MorningCoffee13
Easy to be seeded #1 when you have the best talent.Check 2nd half of Carolina vs Kansas championship game to see what I mean.
You cite Carolina as bad coaching, they are the #1 seed and may not have an NBA player on their entire roster. Also, Hubie had to regroup and recruit/coach these guys same as Jeff prior to last year. Seems foolhardy. What do you consider the "highest level of HS coach"?

You cite Carolina as bad coaching, they are the #1 seed and may not have an NBA player on their entire roster. Also, Hubie had to regroup and recruit/coach these guys same as Jeff prior to last year. Seems foolhardy. What do you consider the "highest level of HS coach"?
No NBA. 3 minimum. Let’s just say that everyone that knows anything about basketball knows the high school for what we accomplished. Also,folks who know a hell of a lot about the sport agree with me about Davis. Since you seem to have an in,you then would agree that Philly is the Mecca of basketball.

No NBA. 3 minimum. Let’s just say that everyone that knows anything about basketball knows the high school for what we accomplished. Also,folks who know a hell of a lot about the sport agree with me about Davis. Since you seem to have an in,you then would agree that Philly is the Mecca of basketball.
Philly is one of the 3 best places for HS bball in the country, sure. RJ Davis and who else? Davis will be a second round selection, if selected at all. Bacot will not be picked. I admittedly don't know their roster that well but I find it hard to believe there are 2 other surefire guys from the 3 times I watched them.

Philly is one of the 3 best places for HS bball in the country, sure. RJ Davis and who else? Davis will be a second round selection, if selected at all. Bacot will not be picked. I admittedly don't know their roster that well but I find it hard to believe there are 2 other surefire guys from the 3 times I watched them.
Davis,Bacot,Ryan-my opinion,no condemnation needed.Sit down with Speedy,Fran O’Hanlon,etc and Philly will become number one.

Davis,Bacot,Ryan-my opinion,no condemnation needed.Sit down with Speedy,Fran O’Hanlon,etc and Philly will become number one.
Cormac Ryan doesn't have NBA talent. I think RJ will make a roster, He's really undersized, but so good at creating space for himself. Don't really see Bacot as much of a contributor in the NBA.

By the way,do you know my old coaching acquaintance named John Sarandrea ?
I know him in that I know who he is and I played against his team. Doubt he would know or remember me.
Bacot is going to find a hard time in the NBA given his game imo. Ryan possibly. Same situation as Hinson in not a great defender but as one desirable trait.

I know him in that I know who he is and I played against his team. Doubt he would know or remember me.

Bacot is going to find a hard time in the NBA given his game imo. Ryan possibly. Same situation as Hinson in not a great defender but as one desirable trait.
Time to head to the Moose-take care.

I think Hinson & Ryan both tested the waters last year and came back.

I didn't see one thing in either's game that would make them any more attractive to the NBA this year.

Not for nothing, but you say Davis can’t get it done with NBA guys (yet they’re a #1 seed) but don’t mention Capel couldn’t make the tournament with three NBA guys?

1 NCAA Tournament appearance, 97-92 record (47-67 in conference) is not a fine coach. Nice guy, good character, but if the goal is to win games and get into the tournament, mediocre at best.

Davis plays in the NBA as a deep reserve. Bacot gets a 2 way or maybe a deep reserve. That's it. But he does have 2 of the best COLLEGE players in the nation.

Easy to be seeded #1 when you have the best talent.Check 2nd half of Carolina vs Kansas championship game to see what I mean.
uh, who deemed them to have the "best" talent?... btw, its never "easy" to be seeded #1 no matter how much talent you have...

Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT