ADVERTISEMENT

I love that HCJC motto

I was sitting behind the bench at the game vs. Duke and you are correct. They kept telling them to shoot the ball if they were open. Didn't matter who it was. The especially were telling Nate Santos that when he was playing.

I think it’s more about the fact that these guys are better shooters versus a philosophy. Much higher of a chance they start hitting.

I think that changes if the shooters aren’t good.

A lot of shooting is confidence. Instilling confidence in your players improves their chances of realizing their potential. Might result in some stinker performances now and again, but think it's the right approach overall.

I think it’s more about the fact that these guys are better shooters versus a philosophy. Much higher of a chance they start hitting.

I think that changes if the shooters aren’t good.
I would disagree. Their philosophy is take your shot if you are open. Keep shooting if you are open (and it’s a shot you can make). Let them know you are confident in them which breeds better shooting and passing.

They are not going to tell Fede to take the shot if he is open on the 3 point line because it’s not a shot he commonly makes in practice

Seems to be keep on shooting . Hinson was having a tough night but Capel lets these men shoot through a bad night . So unlike his predecessor. JD who. I remember yanking durand johnson the moment he put up a 20 footer
It sure seemed obvious there in the 2nd half that Burton and others on the team were purposely feeding Nellie to get him shot attempts to break the ice on what was an 0-fer night. Had the luxury of doing that against the Ville, won’t be the case against other opponents.

Hinson, definitely a bad shooting night for him but the bigger concern for me is that his offense, which was an integral part of the team earlier in the year, has reduced almost entirely to long range 3-attempts. Zero inside offense from him at all. I guess that’s been a function of the uptick in opponent size we’ve been going against.

• Love
Reactions: PittPoker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT