ADVERTISEMENT

If I leave Pittsburgh at noon for the PSU game

What she said.
Feel bad that I did give them some cash when my kid went up there for a college visit (to appease his mother {while I remained silent} who, as someone with no loyalties one way or the other, ended up hating the place) and we went to the Creamery. They had the Peachy Paterno and for some reason I had the Creamy Sandusky. Still have a bad taste in my mouth.

God Bless any of you actually going there for the game. I have no problem with the game itself, it's the insufferable condescention from the "We Are" crowd that gives me pause. Plus I'd rather not put a single dime into the pockets of Happy Valley.

I agree.....but man oh man......would that be so sweet to beat them and take the smugness right out of them. It would be far greater of a win than any in recent history. Far greater.

Reactions: ncpittfan
Seriously, what time should I depart Bedford to make the Alumni Tailgate at 12:30? I'm driving 9+ hours Friday just to get a room somewhat near State College.
Also, I may have 2 extra tickets in the Pitt section, if interested leave your e-mail on the Trading Post Board.

True, the attitude they should have is, fire the pedophile, now lets get back to the top 10, asap. That's how I'd feel.

The attitude should be fire the pedophile, and those that covered up. Then, what institutional changes do we need to implement immediately to prevent this from happening again. Then how can we provide restitution, counseling, and assistance to the victims. Then when that is done, worry about football being a powerhouse.

Original poster.. I think you'll cruise into State College pretty easily. I've driven up just prior to big games in the past and it's the easiest drive because everyone is already there. Probably most efficient to park at the first general yellow lot you get to and walk the 15 minutes or so to the stadium. The walk will give you a chance to pound a couple beers if so inclined.. The longest delay will probably be getting through the security lines. They were terrible last year with the introduction of the wanding of everyone. Don't bring a bag of any kind or you have to wait through that line. For those that are going, go in the stadium early, not a half hour early or you'll be buried in line, but an hour early and you should be able to get in fairly quickly. Honestly think Pitt fans should come and enjoy the day. Like my buddy says after any win or loss.. it's always a good tailgate..

Leave at 10:30 latest. Luckily there shouldn't be any major traffic holdups unless an accident would happen but if you leave at 12 like a few others have said you are going to miss the kickoff no matter what part of Pittsburgh you are from. If you leave at 9 AM you would be travelling in the heaviest traffic but you would get an hour plus cushion.

Original poster.. I think you'll cruise into State College pretty easily. I've driven up just prior to big games in the past and it's the easiest drive because everyone is already there. Probably most efficient to park at the first general yellow lot you get to and walk the 15 minutes or so to the stadium. The walk will give you a chance to pound a couple beers if so inclined.. The longest delay will probably be getting through the security lines. They were terrible last year with the introduction of the wanding of everyone. Don't bring a bag of any kind or you have to wait through that line. For those that are going, go in the stadium early, not a half hour early or you'll be buried in line, but an hour early and you should be able to get in fairly quickly. Honestly think Pitt fans should come and enjoy the day. Like my buddy says after any win or loss.. it's always a good tailgate..

Thanks but some PSU fans say I'll have no problem as everyone is already there. Then some act as if I'll get there very late. Which one?

smf, im saying you can get there in time. 2 1/2 hours to get there, 30 minutes to park, 30 minutes to get to your seat.. worst case, you miss a few minutes..

smf, im saying you can get there in time. 2 1/2 hours to get there, 30 minutes to park, 30 minutes to get to your seat.. worst case, you miss a few minutes..

Unless it turns out like Woodstock and 500,000 fans show up instead of 100,000?

Leave at 10:30 latest. Luckily there shouldn't be any major traffic holdups unless an accident would happen but if you leave at 12 like a few others have said you are going to miss the kickoff no matter what part of Pittsburgh you are from. If you leave at 9 AM you would be travelling in the heaviest traffic but you would get an hour plus cushion.

I pre-bought parking in the yellow lot. Do they pretty much herd you in from the highway exit, coming from Pittsburgh? Looks like from the maps it would be kind of a far walk to get anything to eat in town pre-game? Is tailgating the best option?

I pre-bought parking in the yellow lot. Do they pretty much herd you in from the highway exit, coming from Pittsburgh? Looks like from the maps it would be kind of a far walk to get anything to eat in town pre-game? Is tailgating the best option?

Tailgating is indeed your best option. Getting into town is a pretty good hike.

Thanks but some PSU fans say I'll have no problem as everyone is already there. Then some act as if I'll get there very late. Which one?

I just know from my couple experiences that for games like this, everyone is already there when you show up late and the traffic is already parked.. you will park far from the stadium and have a walk but you won't sit in traffic to get to that spot. There will be congestion walking into the stadium gates but apparently they've addressed some of that.. we'll see. I think the other PSU fans are the ones that are in the traffic jams but were on the road when everyone else was, not arriving late. People will be there early next week.

There are a number of ways in to the Stadium with a Yellow pass. I suggest Atherton to Park.

Toftrees or I-99 will get you further from the Stadium. College to Porter will have you walking up hill the entire walk to the stadium, making drinking a beer difficult.

To the original question from @Sean Miller Fan , leaving Robinson Twp. gets me to Beaver Stadium in 2.5 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT