ADVERTISEMENT

"If" Lyke knew she was firing Styallings in Jan...why don't we have a coach already

Pitt83Panther

Walk-on
Sep 27, 2001
It seems like Pitt coaching hires take forever and ever. Other schools seem to have someone ready or almost ready when they fire a coach. The pain continues.

It seems like Pitt coaching hires take forever and ever. Other schools seem to have someone ready or almost ready when they fire a coach. The pain continues.
I think we probably have a coach already. There certainly is no search currently going on. That process is complete. We will either make an announcement this week or have to wait until someone loses in the tournament.

A list of 16? That is a joke.

There are at the most 4 people who have a chance to be Pitt's head coach. The preferred choice and 2 or 3 contingency plans.

I think we probably have a coach already. There certainly is no search currently going on. That process is complete. We will either make an announcement this week or have to wait until someone loses in the tournament.

There are at the most 4 people who have a chance to be Pitt's head coach. The preferred choice and 2 or 3 contingency plans.
Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but I tend to agree with you. To me, Pitt’s silence is significant. Since Heather Lyke has taken charge, they’ve really been good at keeping things under wraps. The Pentagon would be envious.

I agree. It's been 4 long days already. And all those good coaches sitting around with no more games to coach.

Possible. And if so, it bodes well. The last two coaches to leave Pitt certainly had it in the works while the team was still alive in March. Would be great if Pitt could be proactive on the hiring end for a change.

But, it's Pitt. So, no news is still just the ominous potential for bad news.. until we see something to change that.

Lyke already said that this process will not be leaked to anyone and if she hears that it is, the name associated with that leak will be eliminated. We won't hear a thing until the day she decides to name the coach.

is this really a thread when most of the 'good' coaches are still coaching!!?! I am sure she had a short-list compiled and has her minions seeing who 'might' have interest and who has none.

I agree. It's been 4 long days already. And all those good coaches sitting around with no more games to coach.

I don't think it matters what coaches are still coaching. If our new coach is to come from one of those coaches, I believe he has already agreed to become Pitt's new coach. His team just needs to lose before an official announcement can be made.

If he is not a coach that will be coaching in a tournament, the announcement will come this Friday or next Monday.

Lyke started on this in early January. To not have it in the bag at this time would be incompetent.

Lyke already said that this process will not be leaked to anyone and if she hears that it is, the name associated with that leak will be eliminated. We won't hear a thing until the day she decides to name the coach.

Maybe, but it’s really a nonsensical statement.

If Jay Wright’s agent leaked he was interested in Pitt, do you really think Pitt would drop him from their list? That’s moronic.

Reactions: jscotpitt95
When and where did she say that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT