ADVERTISEMENT

If one students at UT-Austin dies of Covid, school shuts down

no mention of staff?

regardless, they have like 50k students. only a matter of time, sadly.

no mention of staff?

regardless, they have like 50k students. only a matter of time, sadly.

One thing I've observed is that there is a whole lot of concern for students and faculty and then staff are left to fend for themselves.

Reactions: pitt90seven
That's a pretty dumb position to take with a single metric. Unfortunately, kids die on college campuses for a variety of reasons. They aren't shutting the university down because of it.

What if one dies in a scooter crash?

Or dies after falling from a balcony?

After a hazing incident?

Or is stabbed?

Or dies from something they won't release?

Are any of those unfortunate incidents highly contagious?

I mean I get your point to an extent. But people comparing Covid to all these other diseases/causes of death is silly.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Are any of those unfortunate incidents highly contagious?

I mean I get your point to an extent. But people comparing Covid to all these other diseases/causes of death is silly.

The metric of one student death is flat out stupid. Just like closing the university for any of those other deaths. That's the comparison.

One death doesn't mean you have a COVID issue on campus.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The metric of one student death is flat out stupid. Just like closing the university for any of those other deaths. That's the comparison.

One death doesn't mean you have a COVID issue on campus.

I agree but if losing one student to this is that traumatic to the schools consciousness, why are they opening the school to begin with?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Are they shutting down if a student dies of the flu.This does happen every year on campuses around the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT