gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
A lot more Pitt coaches are not returning

Boberly,Salem, Powell, Bates and Collins

Reactions: pierre93

It's crazy that you posted this I was just wondering when we might find out which coaches are staying vs. going. I could see Collins getting a DC position somewhere, but the rest have earned retirement. We need some young hungry coaches that are looking to make a name for themselves. We need recruiting aces. Relationships are the things that keep these NIL poachers at bay.

It's crazy that you posted this I was just wondering when we might find out which coaches are staying vs. going. I could see Collins getting a DC position somewhere, but the rest have earned retirement. We need some young hungry coaches that are looking to make a name for themselves. We need recruiting aces. Relationships are the things that keep these NIL poachers at bay.
All good thoughts, except…are you sure about that last sentence??

Reactions: FallingRun84

This was inevitable and a good thing. Couldn't keep dead weight and PN needed to part ways with some of these guys awhile back. H2P

Reactions: bschulter
Bell is not following them.

He is following everybody but them,including strength coach, recruiting staff and even some grad assistants.
Gotta wonder if Duzz has given him free reign over assistants

Bell is not following them.

He is following everybody but them,including strength coach, recruiting staff and even some grad assistants.
Then it looks like we will have a new OC/QB, OL, RB and TE coach on offense. Assuming Bates retires then and Collins moves on. Sanders probably gets promoted and you get another DB and LB coach.

When you go 3-9 you know not everyone is coming back.

I really don't get all the following stuff, but hopefully the offensive commits are "following" the right people or vice versa....

All good thoughts, except…are you sure about that last sentence??
Well obviously money makes the world go around, but I kinda didn't think that needed stated. Relationships can and often do make the difference is you can at least get in the ball park of what others are offering. Especially if you're being developed into a pro prospect where you currently are. I see your point and don't disagree.

I think Cory Sanders has been his right hand man for a few years now.
Agreed Steel I feel like he is ready to be promoted. I would actually be surprised if that didn't happen. Unless of course Duzz starts calling the defense this year. That could be interesting. Head coaches who were previous OCs call the offense often. Why couldn't he do the same?

Now the big question. How many OL want no part of losing 25-35 pounds before camp starts. Lol. Gotta be lean to do the tempo thing…..

I suggested this last week when Narduzzi unilaterally decided to keep Underwood. People told me Narduzzi makes all the hires. They’re probably wrong, just pointing it out.
Underwood and Bell have known each other for a while. Narduzzi probably shared with Bell and with Underwood what was going on, and they probably all 3 agreed that he stays.

Reactions: Parkview57
Now the big question. How many OL want no part of losing 25-35 pounds before camp starts. Lol. Gotta be lean to do the tempo thing…..
I've seen it happen before. One of my guys played at Maryland under Edsall and then came in Durkin. He went from a 6'6 260 TE to a 6'6 235 one in the matter of months.

I've seen it happen before. One of my guys played at Maryland under Edsall and then came in Durkin. He went from a 6'6 260 TE to a 6'6 235 one in the matter of months.
The two returning tackles, plus Enos, and Collier are all north of 330. Good luck. Lol.

Then it looks like we will have a new OC/QB, OL, RB and TE coach on offense. Assuming Bates retires then and Collins moves on. Sanders probably gets promoted and you get another DB and LB coach.

When you go 3-9 you know not everyone is coming back.
Why LB coach? I haven't seen Manalac mentioned anywhere unless I missed it.

Why LB coach? I haven't seen Manalac mentioned anywhere unless I missed it.
It was in response to Bates retiring. He also helps out with LBs. If Bates and Collins move on, Sanders moves up and you hire a CB coach replacement. Then you either hire another LB coach or maybe a designated ST coach.

Reactions: NCPitt
It was in response to Bates retiring. He also helps out with LBs. If Bates and Collins move on, Sanders moves up and you hire a CB coach replacement. Then you either hire another LB coach or maybe a designated ST coach.
Think you may see a DL coach if Partridge is Assistant Head Coach and DC

I suggested this last week when Narduzzi unilaterally decided to keep Underwood. People told me Narduzzi makes all the hires. They’re probably wrong, just pointing it out.
I was one of those people, and I can guarantee you that Bell isn't the one making hires.

I would assume OL at least needs to change coaches with a different system.

Just loook at what's going on at Syracuse with the new coaches, they are flipping 4* from everywhere including Pitt. We need to adapt to get relevant asap- Make the coaching changes yesterday, Duzz.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
We need some serious recruiters.
This doesn't mean what it used to. A few years ago, it was mostly about building relationships. That's still important, but if that's all ya got, you'll get run over by the guys with the big NIL cash bags.

Just loook at what's going on at Syracuse with the new coaches, they are flipping 4* from everywhere including Pitt. We need to adapt to get relevant asap- Make the coaching changes yesterday, Duzz.
Syracuse will be Syracuse regardless (maybe because) of their new coach

Reactions: Brutus99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT