ADVERTISEMENT

If win totals is all that matters

Iowa and OK state series, PUS, al need to go and stay gone. We need to purposely schedule bad teams. Mass, UConn, Rutgers, Maryland.

Iowa and OK state series, PUS, al need to go and stay gone. We need to purposely schedule bad teams. Mass, UConn, Rutgers, Maryland.
If Iowa and Oklahoma State are guaranteed losses, then Pitt should move to the MAC
Those are teams that, over 20 years, Pitt should go anywhere from 8-12 to 12-8 against

Oh, and what’s Pitts record against UConn?

Reactions: H2P 2003
If Iowa and Oklahoma State are guaranteed losses, then Pitt should move to the MAC
Those are teams that, over 20 years, Pitt should go anywhere from 8-12 to 12-8 against

Oh, and what’s Pitts record against UConn?

The road games are guaranteed losses and the home games provide 0 attendance boost. This is the same upcoming Cincy series. Dumb scheduling.

Gotta pad the nonconference schedule. Stop scheduling guaranteed losses. The big boys dont.

It is for some I’m sure. Pitt79 would sign up for a lifetime of that. That wouldn’t do anything for me. Beating up on cupcakes means nothing for me. I’d like a good football team that’s fun to watch. Occasionally get that 10 win or special year. A team that wouldn’t go 4-4 in a garbage division.

Gotta pad the nonconference schedule. Stop scheduling guaranteed losses. The big boys dont.

Agree. Minnesota and Indiana did it.

I think if last year we won the coastal and had 3 or 4 soup cans instead of psu, ucf and nd, and finished 10-2 or 9-3, the narrative would be much better.

Reactions: Dan1911
The road games are guaranteed losses and the home games provide 0 attendance boost. This is the same upcoming Cincy series. Dumb scheduling.
Well I stand corrected
If playing the Cincinnati Bearcats is truly a guaranteed loss, then Pitt should drop to FCS, not the MACo_O

Btw, the other team not bring fans is a plus. Why you and others want to see 30k fans of the other team come in, I have no idea

Reactions: FayettePittDad
4-4 is our pathetic conference -

and people think playing psu and ucf were a problem ?!?!
Heck, playing those two was probably the best part of the season
And I still contend if last season that Pitt played two jobbers instead, Pitt would have lost to Georgia Tech and Syracuse, and thus still finish 7-5, minus the division title

As others have noted, this year, the non-conference schedule wasn't the issue. Would you really have felt better if we were 8-4 going 4-0 against UCF and 3 soup cans with 4 losses against UVA, Miami, VT, and BC? Going 4-4 in the ACC, especially when our crossover game is BC, is unacceptable.

We just lost to a bad BC team who played with their backup QB. At home.

Maybe we should drop down to Division II? I think we can take Slippery Rock.

Reactions: JJTopp99
what were the jobber teams in the coastal like Rutgers or Arkansas?

Pitt Arkansas would be a close game probably. I mean Pitt Delaware was.

As for Rutgers, the trade off of playing them in the Big 10 East is we also would have played Ohio State and Michigan and 9 total Big 10 games. I don't think you literally believe a Big 10 East schedule would be easier than an ACC schedule, so you're just throwing Rutgers out there to distract from our disappointing handling of a weak schedule year.

And even if you can game strength of schedule a bit, you can't game S&P+, where Pitt ranks #58 in the country. Mediocre.

As for Rutgers, the trade off of playing them in the Big 10 East is we also would have played Ohio State and Michigan and 9 total Big 10 games. I don't think you literally believe a Big 10 East schedule would be easier than an ACC schedule, so you're just throwing Rutgers out there to distract from our disappointing handling of a weak schedule year.

And even if you can game strength of schedule a bit, you can't game S&P+, where Pitt ranks #58 in the country. Mediocre.

Ringer, you have always had a thing for the B10. So let's say we played PSU schedule. Lose to Michigan, O$U, Minni. Beat Maryland, Rutgers, MSU. Tossup with Indiana & Iowa, for argument sake beat indiana, lose to Iowa. So that is 4-4, same as ACC. Where is the big discrepancy?

Edit: forgot to add Purdue, a win. So that is 5-4. Or 4-5 if we lose tossup to Indiana. Again, how is that different than coastal

big ten East pitt would be 4-5 or 3-6 in conference. You’d have losses to PSU, OSU, and Michigan, and likely lose a couple other toss ups.

Ringer, you have always had a thing for the B10. So let's say we played PSU schedule. Lose to Michigan, O$U, Minni. Beat Maryland, Rutgers, MSU. Tossup with Indiana & Iowa, for argument sake beat indiana, lose to Iowa. So that is 4-4, same as ACC. Where is the big discrepency?
Yeah, but say we play Maryland’s schedule. There is no guarantee we beat MSU, Indiana and Illinois are toss ups. Beat rutgers. Lose to Mich, OSU, and PSU, and depending on crossover if it is Minny or Wisconsin involved that is another loss. 4-5 is a best case, but more likely 3-6.

big 12..forget it. 3-6 easily.

Yeah, but say we play Maryland’s schedule. There is no guarantee we beat MSU, Indiana and Illinois are toss ups. Beat rutgers. Lose to Mich, OSU, and PSU, and depending on crossover if it is Minny or Wisconsin involved that is another loss. 4-5 is a best case, but more likely 3-6.

big 12..forget it. 3-6 easily.

with the toss-ups, how is that different than Coastal?

with the toss-ups, how is that different than Coastal?

well, you are significantly underestimating PSU’s schedule compared to us. per saragrin.

Pitt-61

OSU-1
Michigan-8
Iowa-16
Minnesota-25
Indiana-40
MSU-37
Purdue-69
Maryland-95
Rutgers-138

I see 4 sure losses the top 20 teams. I see 2 sure wins, but then I see three toss ups, but two of those are against against top 40 teams so I’d say 1-2 is likely with 0-3 more plausible than 2-1.

Pitt couldn’t win supposed toss ups agains UVA, VT, Miami, and BC, what makes you think they’d win them against those BIG teams

Ringer, you have always had a thing for the B10.

I hate the Big 10, I root against almost all of their teams come bowl time and have a passionate hate of PSU and OSU. I do sort of like Iowa, no real reason why. I think normally people accuse me of being a Big 12 homer because I think Oklahoma belongs in the playoffs.

That's for sure. We were very close to going 2-10 this year, with losses to Ohio and Delaware in there. Our 7-5 record is very misleading, considering the weak division we play in.

and that we got outscored which for a P5 team is a bad sign as against Delaware and Ohio we should have built up around a +80 margin but only outscored by 13.

It is for some I’m sure. Pitt79 would sign up for a lifetime of that. That wouldn’t do anything for me. Beating up on cupcakes means nothing for me. I’d like a good football team that’s fun to watch. Occasionally get that 10 win or special year. A team that wouldn’t go 4-4 in a garbage division.
Occasionally, like once every 37 years! LOL! FUN TIMES! 6-7. 7-6. 6-7. 7-6 and on and one and on....

what were this year's "guaranteed" losses?

uh, and "The big boys dont." tells you that they are the "big boys" and there is no such thing as a "guaranteed" loss by the very nature of being a "big boy"... geez..

Pitt isn't one of the Big Boys, maybe they are in the top 40 or 50, AT BEST.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT