ADVERTISEMENT

If you could add 1 player

gourdt

Walk-on
Nov 9, 2009
If you could add one former player (now then in the NFL) to this team, who would it be? Donald, Conner, Fitz, Peterman, O'Neill.
While Donald would truly make the D insane. I think I would go with O'Neill. Biggest need. I can make an argument for all though.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Peterman would make the entire OL better with his ability to throw the ball down the field and accurately. Agree on making a case for any of these players.

O'Neill would be good. Shady or even Dion Lewis would also help a lot - we'd have a much better RB between the tackles and an elite pass-catcher to make things happen in space.

Really?

C'mon, it's not even close.

AD coupled with first team AA Twyman.

That's Alabama good.

Donald would have the most impact. I think there are a number of gaps to fill on offense so I'd prefer to make the D truly elite.

Give me Fitz hands down.

#1. You will always have the #'s advantage in the run game. You wouldn't have to run 10/11 personnel to "spread people out." You have 1 player who will account for 2 defenders. Now you can put a fullback or hback in the box and increase productivity.

#2. Red zone TDs instead of FGs. Whether Fitz is scoring them or someone else, Fitz has a tremendous effect in a positive light when the field shrinks. You don't lose to psu with Fitz on the field.

3. Kenny becomes instantly better.

Give me Fitz hands down.

#1. You will always have the #'s advantage in the run game. You wouldn't have to run 10/11 personnel to "spread people out." You have 1 player who will account for 2 defenders. Now you can put a fullback or hback in the box and increase productivity.

#2. Red zone TDs instead of FGs. Whether Fitz is scoring them or someone else, Fitz has a tremendous effect in a positive light when the field shrinks. You don't lose to psu with Fitz on the field.

Yeah, I think Pitt dropped more passes last season than Fitz has in his entire career. He’s the easy choice here.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Give me Fitz hands down.

Fitzgerald no doubt. He alone would make this offense at least average.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I read the OP's post as now in the NFL. He only lists current NFL players.
OK. So I will go with Fitz because he would make any offense better. Our DLine is already pretty damn good and would be super awesome with AD but the improvement jump with Fitz would be off the charts.

Give me Fitz hands down.

Fitz and it’s not even close. By 10 miles. Greatest Panther ever. Equal to TD. He’s Mario Lemieux of football for goodness sakes. He could do anything. With this defense and him, we wouldn’t lose, especially with the way refs call interference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT