ADVERTISEMENT

Random tournament thoughts

gilligan 3

Freshman
Jan 8, 2005
Here are a few random tournament thoughts:
1. The studio crews for these games are great- both funny and informative. Charles Barkley is a national gem.
2. You could add Candis Parker to the TBS NBA crew and not miss a beat. She would probably earn more there than as a WNBA star.
3. The capital one annual tournament commercials are excellent too.
4. Seeing college folks on commercials seems funny but a long time coming. Out here in CA, some Virginia player is advertising for good feet with the closest store to me 90 miles away.
5. Lots of us thought transfers, some of us thought paying college folks and lots of us thought conference realignment would kill college sports. Maybe we were wrong. This is a great tournament and not just because of Pitt’s involvement.
6. Why can’t TRU TV be in high def (where I live at least)? Nothing looks worse than SD on a 85” TV.
7. In this day, why is it so hard to remember me from last years bracket selections? I get dozens of emails asking to participate but every year it the same burden to fill out a bracket. Ever other program even retirement accounts with lots of money can let me in by looking at my face but these things make picking a bracket some kind of maze.
8. The biggest transition to west coast living for me has been early sports. The need for later night sports tv has made me an NBA fan and it is a far better experience than I ever imagined than as a casual viewer.

Reactions: Saboteur II
1. The studio crews for these games are great- both funny and informative. Charles Barkley is a national gem.
2. You could add Candis Parker to the TBS NBA crew and not miss a beat. She would probably earn more there than as a WNBA star.
4. Seeing college folks on commercials seems funny but a long time coming. Out here in CA, some Virginia player is advertising for good feet with the closest store to me 90 miles away.
5. Lots of us thought transfers, some of us thought paying college folks and lots of us thought conference realignment would kill college sports. Maybe we were wrong. This is a great tournament and not just because of Pitt’s involvement.
6. Why can’t TRU TV be in high def (where I live at least)? Nothing looks worse than SD on a 85” TV.
7. In this day, why is it so hard to remember me from last years bracket selections? I get dozens of emails asking to participate but every year it the same burden to fill out a bracket. Ever other program even retirement accounts with lots of money can let me in by looking at my face but these things make picking a bracket some kind of maze.
8. The biggest transition to west coast living for me has been early sports. The need for later night sports tv has made me an NBA fan and it is a far better experience than I ever imagined than as a casual viewer.
Good post. Regarding number 6, do you have a smart TV, Roku, or fire stick? If you do try downloading the truTV app and watching it through the stream by signing in with your cable provider. My cable company doesn’t provide ESPNU in high def. So I watch it through the ESPN app and it’s a high def stream. Might be worth a try?

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
The portal is a huge win win. Only potential losers are HS players.

It was great watching this tourney without Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT