ADVERTISEMENT

Intangible From Today

TFBaum

Junior
Jan 22, 2020
1. For the first time since Pitt beat Louisville 77 - 0 this team looked prepared
2. Recently Pitt has a history of making Delaware look like Alabama not today
3. I love the running back depth
4. I love we use a full back
5. At least in the first game it appears that the offensive system needed one year to learn.
6. I live defensive hard nose football

• D had a shutout and gave up 139 yards on 55 plays, playing virtually everyone
  • Pickett looked comfortable and confident, which is very encouraging
  • Hallett is a nice player and a good late pickup in that 2018 class
  • I think the young offensive guys look promising (Addison, Barden, Izzy)
  • From brief play, Hayes and Kamara look the part

When you wrote Hallett I saw Hackett and got sick just kidding

D looked real good as expected. Yes Hallett is a player. Hill is going to be good as well. Hayes off to a real nice start. Both Hayes & Kamara look the part. KP looked really good & in total control of the O.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Offense seemed to be calling plays and running plays at faster pace...
Was Pickett going to sideline today ?

The uptempo offense Pickett does not have to run to the sideline. He needs to run the ball because he seems to pass better when he has some runs. Pitt made a statement today and came out ready to play. Give credit to the coaches for having the team ready plus no fans. Having a second year OC is huge. Stability is important in football and having the same staff together is huge. Pitt hasn't had enough of that over the years.

The uptempo offense Pickett does not have to run to the sideline. He needs to run the ball because he seems to pass better when he has some runs. Pitt made a statement today and came out ready to play. Give credit to the coaches for having the team ready plus no fans. Having a second year OC is huge. Stability is important in football and having the same staff together is huge. Pitt hasn't had enough of that over the years.

2 years seems to be the key to learning a Whipple offense. Pickett seeemed way more comfortable with his command. It helped that he was not touched. Remains to be sewn what happens when he faces real pressure. I never questioned his toughness, but it does effect his accuracy. This a complex offense with a lot of formations. I am surprised they ran as many formations as they did.

I hope Pickett stays healthy because Beville and Yellen looked lost out there, although they were working with 2nd and 3rd string.

Defense is looking solid with exception of corner position absent Mathis. That is going to get exploited in real competition.

Looking forward to a breakout season with guarded optimism.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
We lost 72-0 to Ohio State in 1996, just eight years after blowing them out 42-10. Amazing how far we fell in the 1990's, after all the success in the 80's. Glad those humiliating days are behind us.

Reactions: Pitt20-20
We lost 72-0 to Ohio State in 1996, just eight years after blowing them out 42-10. Amazing how far we fell in the 1990's, after all the success in the 80's. Glad those humiliating days are behind us.
I was in the navy and went to that game with one of my OSU shipmates, we had more than a few. Pregame at Zeldas, so many Buckeye fans there. The next day, his Bengals beat the Steelers. We were both hungover, lol.

Man, that game gave me such hope for a great Pitt season, it was pretty much a letdown after that.

This is the first time in many years where a Pitt team looked completely focused and crisp and dominant against an inferior team I’m not saying they are as good but they performed the way a Bama does against inferior teams. I don’t recall that being the case in a long time and it’s encouraging

it also looks like they will use the TEs More this year. They threw to wright twice one he dropped that would have been a sure TD. Krull will get some passes thrown his way which will really help the O

I’m not worried about the backups because they had 3rd string skill players and a complete patchwork OL. I do think Beville is going to be real good when he gets his shot next year

was Wayne hurt? I thought he was a starter but didn’t see him get much PT. I really like the talent we have at WR.

I was worried about The DL with Baldinodos injury but man we have some nice depth. Hayes looks like he’s going to be as good as advertised.

we finally appear to have depth all across the board on D with some nice young LBs now as well

I think this is the year the Duzz breaks out. Tough schedule ahead though With games against ND and Clemson’s as well as FSU and Miami

Reactions: TFBaum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT