ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article on the court cases that could shape the future of College sports.

I mean there isn't really anything new in the article that hasn't been discussed at length already. Nothing has really moved from a legal standpoint in 2+ months as far as I'm aware and it doesn't seem like the article states differently.

Reactions: pittdan77
Nothing? You guys suck ass. I hate you. All of you.
Interesting article. Title IX complicates this greatly. There will be conflicting judgements and rules regarding revenue sharing vs distribution to sex/gender division athletes. It looks as though Title IX will be what causes football to break away from NCAA and the universities for the most part. Alabama and Georgia are not going to want to share that money with women's sports.

Interesting article. Title IX complicates this greatly. There will be conflicting judgements and rules regarding revenue sharing vs distribution to sex/gender division athletes. It looks as though Title IX will be what causes football to break away from NCAA and the universities for the most part. Alabama and Georgia are not going to want to share that money with women's sports.
I know. While we can say they can base it on revenue, that may not fly. Right? Because the Women's national soccer team won an equal pay thing against the men's, despite the men's World Cup bringing in something like 100 times more revenue.

If you are paying your athletic director $3.5 million because you have the money and you [report] that you have a $100,000 loss, you’re making money!” Kessler bellowed.

He cited the salary of Alabama’s strength coach, David Ballou, who earns $950,000.

“If [he] only made $500,000 and those athletes, largely Black athletes on the football team, got some of that money, no one is going to think that is a bad thing — except the people who are trying to hold up and profit from the system,” he said.

YES!!!!!!!!

Bingo. Exactly what I've been saying. The reason these schools (Pitt included) report losses are due to exorbitant salaries. The fans pay the players instead of the schools so the schools can afford to pay their coaches and administrators fortunes.

If you are paying your athletic director $3.5 million because you have the money and you [report] that you have a $100,000 loss, you’re making money!” Kessler bellowed.

He cited the salary of Alabama’s strength coach, David Ballou, who earns $950,000.

“If [he] only made $500,000 and those athletes, largely Black athletes on the football team, got some of that money, no one is going to think that is a bad thing — except the people who are trying to hold up and profit from the system,” he said.

YES!!!!!!!!

Bingo. Exactly what I've been saying. The reason these schools (Pitt included) report losses are due to exorbitant salaries. The fans pay the players instead of the schools so the schools can afford to pay their coaches and administrators fortunes.
But this attorney isn't going to take a couple hundred k and give the rest of the settlement money to the athletes, is he? He's going to maximally cash it in.

But this attorney isn't going to take a couple hundred k and give the rest of the settlement money to the athletes, is he? He's going to maximally cash it in.

As he should. This shouldn't even be in court. The players should be employees with a collective bargaining agreement, salary cap, and no "pay for play" NIL. No need for pay for play NIL when you have a pay for play contract.

I mean there isn't really anything new in the article that hasn't been discussed at length already. Nothing has really moved from a legal standpoint in 2+ months as far as I'm aware and it doesn't seem like the article states differently.
2 months in big civil litigation? LMAO. That’s like half an inning.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Nothing? You guys suck ass. I hate you. All of you.
Well we ain’t thrilled with you either…

Isn’t losing our best defensive players in the portal depressing enough? Must we be subjected to more misery?

I guess not…. See what you can dig up that will cause mass hysteria, suicidal depression and force SMF to become a monk….

Last edited:
Nothing new here. There's a rush to be the first to break the bank but I do think there will be schools that just walk away from football and become a Creighton. Have a good athletics department without letting football run the show. Will suck for some sports because schools will cut down the number of programs they sponsor but I doubt administrators will lose much sleep over it.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
There is a better chance at stopping the sun from rising in the East than stopping this effort.
The charade of amateur sports in college has gone on long enough. Face facts. The same teams were winning the old way.
Like it or not, lawsuits bring change. Congress and state lawmakers are impotent, selfish self centered creatures.
The last thing college sports needs is more politics.
If it takes a crusading lawyer to kick some ass, so be it.

There is a better chance at stopping the sun from rising in the East than stopping this effort.
The charade of amateur sports in college has gone on long enough. Face facts. The same teams were winning the old way.
Like it or not, lawsuits bring change. Congress and state lawmakers are impotent, selfish self centered creatures.
The last thing college sports needs is more politics.
If it takes a crusading lawyer to kick some ass, so be it.

We need to get this to the end game quick: employees with real contracts. Want to transfer? Buy out your contract or have the team you want to go to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT