ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Fan lead right now on buyout.

I don't mind the morning or drive home shows... don't love them either but they really don't bother me as much.

Poni and Cook are absolutely impossible for me to listen to. I would rather drive in total radio silence than listen to those two.

The good thing is the two biggest moron shock jocks on the Fan at least share the same show so we can avoid it. Most of the other hosts are at least OK.

yeah mostly agree... although if he was willing to go back to a lower level I would think he could get another job. For example, he was mentioned with Missouri St... I can see a school of that level being willing to hire him if he wanted to continue coaching.
Totally agree that a lower level school would jump at getting him. But to be honest not only is that not on the same level at a P6 position, it's not even the same job.

I was watching Miaimi vs. N. Carolina last night and Jay Bilas and the guy calling the game with him discussed Pitt firing and parting ways with KS. He mentioned a buyout of 9million I believe. Did anyone else catch that? I can't believe that we couldn't get it lower than that. I hope that was just guesswork on his part.

Use firing the guy with cause with your main point he was defending his players from verbal abuse , I’m sure that’s worth 4.5 million savings for Pitt . Did he say anything that wasn’t true ?
Stallings isn’t living day to day so he takes Pitt to court when Pitt loses they end up paying their lawyers his lawyers , court costs and interest . Stallings could counter sue them for abuse of process .
Pitt should sue their lawyers for malpractice for approving the contract in the first place . Pay him end this and move on .

Use firing the guy with cause with your main point he was defending his players from verbal abuse , I’m sure that’s worth 4.5 million savings for Pitt . Did he say anything that wasn’t true ?
Stallings isn’t living day to day so he takes Pitt to court when Pitt loses they end up paying their lawyers his lawyers , court costs and interest . Stallings could counter sue them for abuse of process .
Pitt should sue their lawyers for malpractice for approving the contract in the first place . Pay him end this and move on .

Again, to my point in another thread, if this incident is their only issue with him then you are right and they are totally inept trying to go after him for cause.

I would really hope there is a reason behind what they are doing. I mean I know the reason is to save millions of dollars but what I mean is that I hope they have a legal counsel that wouldn't guide them down this path for no apparent reason. I would assume their legal counsel has to have some kind of clue here.

Again, to my point in another thread, if this incident is their only issue with him then you are right and they are totally inept trying to go after him for cause.

I would really hope there is a reason behind what they are doing. I mean I know the reason is to save millions of dollars but what I mean is that I hope they have a legal counsel that wouldn't guide them down this path for no apparent reason. I would assume their legal counsel has to have some kind of clue here.
The same guys who wrote or approved the contract !

That's not how these things work. They are almost always settled. Stallings is going to pay his own legal fees out of the settlement, which will certainly be less than $9.4m.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
That's not how these things work. They are almost always settled. Stallings is going to pay his own legal fees out of the settlement, which will certainly be less than $9.4m.
Not if Pitt sued him and they go to court and lose . My guess is if Pitt wants a discount one big check might do it just like the powerball ..cash or annuity !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT