ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting on Jurkovec

Weavedog469

Scholarship
Dec 12, 2016
  • Of every Power 5 quarterback who started at least six games vs. Power 5 opponents in 2022, none finished with a worse Total QBR than Jurkovec. Of course, Jurkovec was playing behind what may have been the worst offensive line in the country. BC ranked 129th in pressure rate allowed and 131st in rushes stopped for a loss or no gain. Jurkovec was pressured on 44.4% of his dropbacks vs. Power Five opponents -- 23% more than any other Power 5 QB. There's nowhere to go but up at Pitt.

I didn't realize how bad his line was. We have to be able to protect him better than he was last year. I know that this may surprise a lot of you but i think this is a good thing. I think with even average protection and knowing Cigs system we could get a big year out of him. I'd love to get him a burner on the outside

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Jurkovec is going to excel in this offense with a strong running game and better protection up front. The WRs have to step up and do their part. Hope a freshman stands out in camp or some portal help.

His ability to extend plays and move the sticks with his legs will help the offense as opposed to last year’s QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT