ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec played well. Just saying

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Had you no knowledge of the Pitt QB position and watched the 1st Half, you would have thought we had an above average QB....and Jurkovec, especially in 2020 was above average at times. That doesn't take away from the 2 poor games but he appears to be light years better than Villeaux, which is what I feared. Having said that, I watched closely, Jurkovec and Villeaux throwing to each other in pregame warmups and Jurkovec definitely has a flutter/wobble to his spiral whereas Villeaux does throw a perfect spiral. Not sure how significant that is.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah I mean the biggest problem was special teams at least initially gifting first 25 yards then a touchdown…on two separate kicks. Then the defense got sloppy

I had no problem with Jurkovec playing in the first half really

Jurkovec played well early. As soon as Pitt got behind the sticks his play fell. He was basically good enough if you expect 5-6 wins...7 if the defense is really good.

Yeah I mean the biggest problem was special teams at least initially gifting first 25 yards then a touchdown…on two separate kicks. Then the defense got sloppy

I had no problem with Jurkovec playing in the first half really
You pretty much just summed up what most contributed to that loss….at least as far as the 1st half goes.

If not for a 29-yard or so punt return giving em a midfield starting point leading to TD #2 followed by the punt return TD #3 then the defense getting the 1st down sack putting UNC on their own 1-2 yard line but proceeding to let UNC go down field for TD #4 via penalties and sloppy play…..1st half score would have been a lot better.

I guess you can add in TD #1 resulting from the sack/fumble getting changed to incomplete pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT