ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting perspective on Clemson's ascent

Interesting. We as Pitt fans lived thru something of the sort. We rose from even worse depths than Clemson when Majors took us to the top and Jackie built some of the best rosters ever. But we are Pitt and our bumbling administration had to prove that they knew better by letting Jackie walk away. Anyone could do what Johnny and Jackie did, right? WRONG

I think I'm missing something here. What does the picture of ESPN's front page have to do with Clemson's rise? Is it the "Fiesta Fallout" at the bottom?

I think I'm missing something here. What does the picture of ESPN's front page have to do with Clemson's rise? Is it the "Fiesta Fallout" at the bottom?

I think it is just a screen shot from that time period, it doesn't have anything to do with Clemson. He starts out by talking about how UCONN was a basketball power back in 2011 and the screen shot matches up with that.

Saw that earlier. Yeah, Dabo was just some unknown hire from within, people thought was just a stop gap, first few recruiting classes were a handful of 4 stars, and all diamond in the rough 2 and 3 stars, budget was small, he started to win some games, even though "Clemsoning" was a thing and they shit the bed in the spotlight, but the admin and fans were patient, put their support behind him and then after beating LSU in 2012 things blew up.

Hale says patience and support were 2 key factors, but it's still unreal what they have done w/o being a traditional blueblood like Michigan, Bama, tOSU, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT